8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway,
Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering
customers to buy a car on their own terms. As an Integration
Software Engineer on the Systems Integration team, you will be part
of an exciting team, providing key contributions that enable our
customers and associates to have a world class car buying
experience. Your hands-on development will directly contribute in
countless ways and include solutions that bring business and an
array of technology together.
About the position
We are seeking a software engineer whose initial focus will be
in designing and building fraud prevention and payment processing
solutions. Prior experience experienced with integration
technologies and practices as well as business acumen, are
essential for success. Your retail environment experience and
expertise with API's, services, and cloud-based technologies, will
help drive our technology toward our business goals. The solutions
you create will bridge classic systems with transformational
on-premise, and cloud-based solutions throughout the entire CarMax
ecosystem. As a software engineer, you will work side by side with
other developers and product teams, designing, building, and
A software engineer at CarMax will work closely with the
integration architects on software design, including taking high
level integration designs, and developing lower level detailed
design for developers. A software engineer mentors other developers
on the team providing feedback from code reviews, integrations, and
overall knowledge sharing.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
* Design and Develop integrations and applications using a
variety of technologies. Technologies include .NET (C#), cloud
based PAAS / IAAS, third party solutions, APIs, enterprise service
bus, Salesforce and messaging middleware platforms.
* Develop Azure cloud solutions using services, functions, and
other key cloud platform components.
* Implement continuous integration and DevOps practices,
including automated testing.
* Develop robust monitoring and alerting.
* Create technical and support artifacts for applications and
* Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as the
support expert for team owned platforms and applications.
Qualifications and requirements
* Experience with API design and development required.
* 8+ years of full stack application development experience
* Hands on programming using C# .Net, and Azure.
* Experience integrating cloud-based technologies and solutions
* Experiencing scripting Infrastructure as code in a CI/CD
* Prior experience working with container technology such as
Docker, version control systems (SVN, GitHub, etc.), build
management and CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.), and
* Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent
written and spoken communication required.
* REST APIs, and JSON required.
* Knowledge of JSON and XML concepts, frameworks and standards,
* Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies
* 5+ years of retail industry experience preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of relational databases, SQL and NoSQL
knowledge and experience preferred.
* A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is
Experience in the following
* Microsoft .NET (C#) required.
* Microsoft Azure required.
* REST API design required.
* Tibco Business Works 5.X, or similar ESB technology,
* Tibco Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS), or similar queuing
* Tibco Business Events, or similar CEP technology,
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.