8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway,
Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Your expertise shapes our business
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering
customers to buy a car on their own terms. And at the heart of that
innovation are new digital products. Working on many different
aspects of the customer experience, our Software Developers
research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to
fulfil them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools
and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of
experimentation. Overall, you will have a direct impact on
improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers
can buy the vehicles they want in a way that's right for them.
Sr .Net Developer
Location: Home Office
About this job
This job is for a Senior level developer with experience related
to data integration, primarily developing REST APIs using C# and
hosted in Azure. This developer will be part of an enterprise
Master Data Management team (MDM), and will work to support various
integration efforts for both local and cloud applications to enable
the business vision of an Onni-Channel experience for
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
* Develop various REST API Endpoints using .NET (C#) in
* Develop a queue messaging and subscription service
* Develop robust monitoring, alerting and reconciliation
* Develop data integration solutions using various technologies
(ETL, API, SQS)
* Implement continuous integration and dev ops practices
* Mentor associates and support all of the above.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to support a technology team in a
production organization to delivery business value through
development of a world class master data management platform as
part of a highly performing, scaled agile team.
Qualifications and Requirements
* Experienced with hands on development of REST API Endpoints
using .NET preferably in Azure
* Extensive understanding of Object Oriented Design and
* Knowledge of Cloud Services best practices and REST API
development best practices
* Experienced in troubleshooting and monitoring published
processes from Cloud Services environment.
* Experienced in developing high quality extensible and reusable
code solutions and API Framework.
* Experienced in continuous integration and deployment.
* Proficient in multiple programming languages and data
integration best practices
MDM Experience +
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.