Company: Retina Institute of Virginia PLLC
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Retina Institute of Virginia is seeking a full time Ophthalmic
Assistant. We are a large, busy Ophthalmic practice looking for a
self-starter, detail-oriented, and responsible individual with a
positive attitude.Our Mission:The purpose of RIV is to provide the
highest quality of care to our patients with high-quality
personnel, equipment and facilities. We offer a team oriented work
environment where we always work for the good of the patient and
practice, not for our own convenience. No one is more important
than anyone else, and we make sure everyone feels valued. We have
worked hard to create a no nonsense work environment where we
always encourage a 'happy to do it' attitude.The Ideal
Candidate:This position is primarily responsible for working up
patients in a timely manner in preparation to see the physician.
Candidate must also:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms
and ocular meds.
- Have a working understanding of B-Scans, fundus photos, nerve
fiber analysis, OCT and fluoroscein angiography.
- Utilize proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Understand and use proper sterile technique.
- Utilize proper universal precaution procedures.
- Understand characteristics of common posterior segment
- Understand and follow protocol for surgical and procedural
- Display consistent professionalism.
- Energetic and empathetic with patients.
- Ability to consistently display positive rapport with fellow
- Ability to cooperate with supervisory staff and
- Demonstrate flexibility in job assignment.
- Demonstrate initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Experience in phlebotomy - not mandated, but beneficial.
- Ability to use Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Fundus
Photo/FA, Visual Field, automatic lensometer, and autoclave.The
Ophthalmic Assistant must be able to maintain a positive attitude
in a very fast-paced work environment. Being a team player and able
multi-task is also a must. Someone who will take initiative will be
very successful. You also must be very detail oriented, but not
lose sight of the 'forest because of the trees'.Great communication
skills are a must since you will be working closely with the
physicians, your colleagues, and patients.Job Details and
Benefits:This is a full time position. Retina Institute of Virginia
offers a team-oriented work environment and competitive
compensation package, with benefits including: continuing
education, medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability,
paid training, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401(k). Salary
commensurate with experience. Some travel to satellite offices
required. EOE. If you want to get a lot of exciting experience and
be apart of a talented, diverse team then apply now! We look
forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Retina Institute of Virginia PLLC, Richmond , Ophthalmic Assistant, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!