Advocacy 24/7 Triage Nurse
Company: CorVel Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Advocacy 24/7 Triage Nurse provides telephonic
first aid to injured workers on a case-by-case basis using
nationally recognized standards of care to facilitate treatment
goals. The position is responsible for fulfilling essential role,
requiring the ability to work a variety of shifts to cover 24/7
duties including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays,
individuals in this role must be available to be on call up to 4
hours each week, and is expected to fulfill job duties when
scheduled to work. About CorVel CorVel is a national provider of
industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers'
compensation, auto, health and disability management industries.
CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the
NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human
capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and
integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing
company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career
advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the
United States embrace our core values of Accountability,
Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!). A
comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular
employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision,
Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical
Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit
FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off. ESSENTIAL
- Provides telephonic assessment and makes treatment
recommendation of injured workers using national telephonic triage
- Recommends appropriate provider based on state law and
employer's preferred provider network requirements.
- Educates caller on self-care instructions based on national
telephonic triage protocols.
- Communicates plan of care to customer contacts and/or
- Evaluates injured worker's response to first aid
recommendations within a specified timeframe.
- Documents clinical assessments in organized, concise format and
submits written reports within a specified timeframe.
- Becomes and remains licensed as a Registered Nurse in 50 states
and the District of Columbia.
- Must be able to work independently and with team members in a
fast paced environment from nurses' home office. Nurses are
required to have a home office that is quiet and free from
- Additional duties as required-- KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of triage in the
field of Workers' Compensation (WC).
- Ability to maintain a compact license and additional licensure
to include all 50 states and the District of Columbia, without
restriction. Ability to maintain liability insurance without
restriction. Maintain CEU's required for licensing with 5 CEU's
specific to telephone triage.
- Ability to problem solve rapidly, multi task and to handle
medical emergencies over the phone.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating
complex ideas across multiple platforms.
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and
competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to
meet deadlines and maintaining strong customer service
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and written communication
- Great attention to detail, and results focused
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing with a
diploma/Associates degree (Bachelor of Science degree or Bachelor
of Science in Nursing preferred)
- Current RN licensure in Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- 3 or more years of clinical experience in occupational
medicine, urgent care, emergency room, home health care (Telephone
triage/Workers' Compensation experience preferred)
Keywords: CorVel Corporation, Richmond , Advocacy 24/7 Triage Nurse, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!