Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: Evergreen Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2021
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join
our finance team in Richmond, VA. The accounts payable clerk is
responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the
organization. This role also serves as an internal "auditor" in
that they verify and ensure invoices are accurate and that proper
accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment
of goods and services. RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Communicates with management, co-workers, clients, franchisees
and others regarding purchases.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
prior to payment.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid
- Processes invoices into computer system.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Reconciles invoices/vendor statements, researches, and corrects
- Answers vendor inquiries related to accounts payable
- Prepares garnishment checks per reports from payroll
- Analyzes accounts as required
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, ledgers, spreadsheets,
and corporate accounts payable files thoroughly and accurately, in
accordance with company policy and accepted accounting
- Assists in month-end closing.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Accomplishes mission of the accounting department and
organization by assisting with related projects as needed.
- College degree, emphasis in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience in accounts payable or
general accounting procedures
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Windows environment -
MS Excel, Word in particular) - required.
- Previous experience with Accounting software such as Sage.
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that reach
through all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Keywords: Evergreen Enterprises, Inc., Richmond , Accounts Payable Clerk, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!