Juvenile Care Specialist
Company: Intercept Youth Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Juvenile Care Specialist
Hiring now for all shifts!
Part-time and Full-time positions available!
$750 signing bonus included!!
Do you enjoy being challenged? Working at Intercept Health gives
you an opportunity to change lives....one at a time. We are seeking
Residential Specialists who will serve as role models for youth in
our facilities. Sign-on bonuses and retention bonuses are offered
along with competitive pay and monthly incentives!
Ideal candidates have the following qualities:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Engaging and Inquisitive
- Comfortable handling challenging behaviors
- Great communication skills
- Collaborative / Team player
- Willing to teach and coach
- Patient and understanding
- Creative problem solving
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED, with at least
one year of experience providing direct services to children with a
diagnosis of mental illness and a proven minimum of 90 hours of
related classroom training;
- OR a bachelor's degree or associates degree in human services
related field and 3 months or more providing direct services to
individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness
- Very high preference given to candidates who have experience
with juvenile justice involved youth/teens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate resident medical and other outside appointments,
including but not limited to setting appointments, communicating
appointments to appropriate staff, and transporting residents.
- Administer medications as appropriate.
- Review medication records daily for errors and/or omissions,
report any discrepancies to Program Manager, and document on the
compliance review calendar.
- Maintain and oversee medication records, including but not
limited to communicating with the pharmacy to obtain new
prescriptions and refills, and all necessary record keeping for
- Administer first aid to resident in response to minor medical
problems as appropriate.
- Notify Resident Staff Supervisor and/or Program Director of any
significant resident medical complaint.
- Keep residents on established awake/asleep and activity
- Guide residents in personal hygiene techniques and the proper
care of their rooms and other living spaces.
- Assist residents in meal preparation steps.
- Guide and instruct residents in proper housekeeping and laundry
procedures; supervise completion of daily chores.
- Use good interpersonal communication skills to gain resident
cooperation and resolve resident conflicts.
- Exercise fair, firm and consistent use of behavioral system
- Exercise appropriate intervention in accordance with the least
restrictive alternative to protect resident from harming self or
- Review progress notes and staff log documentation daily for
compliance with company standards, report any discrepancies to the
Program Manager and document on the compliance review
- Record accurate and complete information in the resident
Intercept offers a competitive benefits package for all
full-time employees to include: Comprehensive Health Insurance
options Dental & Vision Insurance Health and Child Care
Flexible Spending Accounts Comprehensive Employee Assistant
Plan Employer Group Life Insurance, optional buy-up
insurances Voluntary Long Term & Short Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Plan Paid Time Off 7 observed
holidays Mileage Reimbursement Partial cellphone
reimbursement Discounts at Verizon Wireless Wellness
Initiatives and team building activities Opportunities for
professional advancement for qualified individuals *
Keywords: Intercept Youth Services, Richmond , Juvenile Care Specialist, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!