Company: SW Funk Industrial
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To plan, organize, supervise and perform per the Ironworker job
description below. Regularly supervise a crew of 4-6 ironworkers
and helpers in industrial environments.
- Reviews project plans and blueprints and plans jobs with
individuals requesting work.
- Performs layout as needed
- Estimates time, material, equipment and supplies needed.
- Develops work schedules and crew assignments.
- Inspects work areas to insure job is being completed as
- Evaluates staff performance.
- Completes time sheets, accident reports, work orders and other
company and client paperwork as required.
- Trains staff in related work assignments.
- Maintains records of operation.
- Monitors inventories and requests supplies and equipment.
- Insures work areas are properly maintained.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from drawings,
specifications, or other documents and recognize basic blueprint
terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools
and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and
demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include
(but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Identify and recognize components of structural systems.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately layout and fabricate
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for
structural components on foundation using master straightedge,
square, transit, builder's levels and measuring tape.
- Alight structure or plates to be assembled on boiler frames,
tanks, or structures, using plumb bobs, wedges, dogs or
- Demonstrate appropriate techniques in handling sections or
structural parts in order to facilitate fitting edges
- Bolt or weld equipment sections using approved materials and
procedures such as stacks, chutes, ladders, catwalks, etc.
- Should have at least 2 - 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one
of the mechanical areas such as Ironworker, Boilermaker,
Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding
- Should have at least 1 - 2 years as a journeyman as an
- Must possess an NCCER certification card or successfully pass
an in-house craft assessment.
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience working in an
- Excellent Pay
- 401K with discretionary match
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Short Term/ Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts Supplemental Insurance
Keywords: SW Funk Industrial, Richmond , Ironworker Foreman, Other , Chester, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!