Full-Time Taser Security Officer - Parham Doctor's Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides direct security and related public services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities,
or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may
include but are not limited to areas such as the main building,
outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels,
mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional
ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with
emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are
not processing information, and be supportive or directive as
- Ability to physically intervene during crises. This includes
the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring
retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability
to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle
with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all
possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to
continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could
result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients
or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers,
client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and where
applicable of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the
client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader
and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks
in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM
training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security
procedures and policies
- Valid driver's license in the state in which you reside and the
ability to meet HSS' driving standards if applicable
- Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people
including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee,
patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and
email with the ability to learn other programs such as security
incident management software and/or client specific software
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist
people and provide protection
- Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed
in a TASER position and annually thereafter
- Ability to be exposed to a TASER
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state
license or permit to carry a TASER
- Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at
the discretion of the TASER instructor and/or HSS
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Conducted
Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS Taser Policy Policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit,
observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather
conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry and operate fire
extinguisher, emergency equipment or other required equipment; help
restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80
pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or
controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: HSS, Richmond , Full-Time Taser Security Officer - Parham Doctor's Hospital, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!