Maintenance Tech I
Company: Gates, Hudson and Associates Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for physically
maintaining the property including corrective and preventative
maintenance measures on property equipment, fixtures, buildings and
completing service requests in residences.
The Maintenance Technician conducts all business in accordance
with Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., established policies and
procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing,
- Provide training to other technicians as needed and/or
- Provide assistance to other technicians at other
- Provide lists of deficiencies, damage or lease violations
within buildings and/or apartments.
- Become familiar with property. Know location of equipment,
types of equipment, major property components, contracted work,
- Control use of parts. Provide quality workmanship and maintain
inventory of frequency used parts.
- Maintain stock rooms, maintenance workshops and offices.
- Comply with policy for keys, master keys, apartment common area
- Follow reporting procedures.
Resident Service and Retention
- Perform all resident requests for service promptly and
- Promote goodwill among prospects, residents, employees,
- Comply with policy regarding entering occupied apartments.
- Be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials,
including solvents, flammables, and freon.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance on all
appropriate equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor and
Property Manager. Update logs as provided.
- Perform turnovers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform emergency repairs including corrective and necessary
- Change locks and makes keys.
- Operate and maintain furnace, mechanical equipment and controls
for continuous heat, air conditioning and hot water.
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair, as
directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (when applicable)
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks
- Security systems (where applicable)
- Ceiling and wall leaks
- Dry wall
- Pools areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions to Maintenance
Supervisor and Property Manager prior to any expenditure of
- Remove and transfer heavy appliances and equipment from storage
area to apartment (or vise versa) as circumstances warrant.
- Assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc. to
Dumpster when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and
supplies and inform Maintenance Supervisor of shortages.
- Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rake, sweep,
shovel as circumstances warrant.
- Take monthly water consumption readings.
- Possess and/or provide tools necessary to perform all
corrective and preventative work. (Exceptions: heavy pipe wrenches,
pulleys, chain-falls, drain snakes, scaffolding.)
- Clean-up after repairs or at end of day.
- Be aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the
community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe
conditions; e.g., broken gates, leading to the pool, broken steps,
and open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Ensure storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Promote awareness for safety and security for maintenance
- Provide feedback and follow-up in emergency situations. Provide
written Incident/Accident Report.
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer clean outs.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- At least 2 years' experience as a Maintenance Technician,
preferably in residential property management.
- CFC Type 2 or Universal certification is preferred.
- Must be able to perform plumbing, electrical and HVAC repairs,
as well as carpentry and locksmithing, painting, dry-wall repair,
and snow removal.
- Must be available to handle on-call emergency services on an
- Must have personal, reliable transportation to get to work in
order to respond to on-call emergencies.
Keywords: Gates, Hudson and Associates Inc., Richmond , Maintenance Tech I, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!