Registered Nurse Peds and Adolescent Psych
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia's Chippenham Hospital, has been
committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over
100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and
emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric
patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion - The Leader in Behavioral Health:
- Offering of care continuum - crisis team on site,
inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs
assessments to HCA Virginia's Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings - yoga, 12 step support,
NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Tucker 1 West - Child & Adolescent Unit
24 beds - Newly Renovated Unit
Trauma Informed care for both Child and Adolescent
Clinical Pathway Programing providing DBT and CBT groups
Highly Engaged Staff
Multi-disciplinary Team approach
- Energetic and motivated staff
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) will perform care under
the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for
the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting
all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and
coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships
with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient's signs and symptoms; and record and report
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to
changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and
exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment and assist physician during
treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on
patient condition changes.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- 1 year of nursing experience in a behavioral health setting or
nursing experience working with children and adolescents
- Full Time
- 12hr shifts
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
Why join HCA - CJW Medical Center?
Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
Passion for patient care
Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA, Richmond , Registered Nurse Peds and Adolescent Psych, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!