Sales Consultant - Meat
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Purpose: Develop, coordinate and evaluate activities within
assigned sales territory to ensure continued sales growth for UNFI
and its customers. Make a significant contribution to the sales and
profits of the Region and the Company.
Account Management and Sales Planning (45%)
- Develops department specific plans that support specific
customer Joint Business Plans or Territory Business plans.
- Owns an assigned territory made up of Strategic Accounts and/or
Core UNFI customers
- Partners as critical resource to the Sales Director or Sales
- Assists sales leadership in conducting annual business reviews
with assigned accounts, establish department-specific sales plans
for assigned accounts,
Deliver Account Results (20%)
- Owns direct responsibility and accountability for the
department specific sales and profit results within their assigned
- Creates and sustains profitable wholesale and retail sales in
- Identifies customer needs and opportunities to preserve
existing business and develop new business in accounts
- Shares best practices to assist retailers in positioning
themselves in the market and competing effectively
- Communicates retailer needs to regional merchandising
department to create new or enhance existing programs.
Manage Relationships (25%)
- Develops and sustains strong working relationships and a
presence as a valued consultant with assigned retail owners and
- Consults with customers to seek out and provide
department-specific operational expertise where needed. Address
customer issues (e.g., needs, requests, complaints) with proper
urgency to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Works collaboratively with the Merchandising leadership to
ensure department specific product and program offerings are in
place to support assigned customers.
- Supports assigned accounts with appropriate operational support
that enhances the ability to drive mutual results for the retailer
and UNFI. This work will be at the direction of the Merchandising
Lead and supported by the Sales Vice President.
Manage Execution (10%)
- Supports the efforts of the UNFI Sales Director or Sales
Manager. Focusses efforts in supporting assigned accounts/territory
at the direction of the UNFI Merchandising Lead.
- Drives key category initiatives across the region on behalf of
the Region Merchandising Department.
- Monitors progress and ensure product, program and other
expected outcomes are achieved. Work closely with other Region
staff to accomplish account objectives and initiatives. Provide
training and operational support to ensure successful
implementation of department programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 5+ years relevant experience required
- Dependent on specific product group (Bakery / Deli, Meat,
Produce / Floral, Private Brands, Center Store, Market Centre)
- Retail/Wholesale experience a plus
- Ability to work with array of product groups experience
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills a
- Familiar with procurement, logistics and inventory management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in taking
initiative and making appropriate decisions
- Planning and organizing skills
- Familiarity with Category Business Planning
- Strong detail orientation and communication skills
- Proficiency with computer systems and applications (especially
Word, Excel, Basic Access essential)
- Proven ability to take direction from multiple sources
- Ability to show personal initiative and commitment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Richmond , Sales Consultant - Meat, Other , Mechanicsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!