Company: Retina Institute of Virginia PLLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Very busy five-physician Retina practice seeking a Receptionist.
Previous experience in a medical practice preferred.
Summary: This position is primarily responsible for front desk
reception, appointment registration, and patient scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Greets and registers patients at check-in; obtains insurance
cards, photo ID, referrals, and copay; verifies demographic
information, insurance eligibility, and registration details
- Schedules patients and finalizes appointments at check-out
- Answers and routes inbound telephone calls
- Receives and routes inbound faxes
- Scans paper documents into EMR (Electronic Medical
- Enters information into EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Reappoints or recalls patients
- Ensures payments are secured until posted
- Balances daily business activities and closes out each days'
- Refreshes waiting room; checks and rotates magazines; picks up
anything left behind by patients (empty cups, crushed tissues,
etc.); restores chairs to original positions
- Balances petty cash account
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experienced telephone skills
- General knowledge of office equipment
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of
performance including but not limited to: attendance standards,
work deadlines, and scheduled work breaks (where applicable)
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data
Problem-Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and
skills; shares expertise with others
Customer Service - Is pleasant and welcoming to all patients;
manages difficult or emotional patient situations; responds
promptly to patient needs; solicits patient feedback to improve
service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets
External Working Relationships - Develops and maintains courteous
and effective working relationships with clients, vendors, and/or
any other representatives of external organizations
Business Necessity - The needs of the employer may depend on
responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and
internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This
may include but is not limited to: organizational structure,
finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and
customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make
modifications to how business is conducted and work is
accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees
Accordingly, the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal
or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and
work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance
Safety and Security - All employees are responsible for observing
safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting
potentially unsafe conditions to management.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team-player a
must. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Some
travel to satellite offices required. EOE.
Keywords: Retina Institute of Virginia PLLC, Richmond , Receptionist, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!