Associate Research Scientist - Molecular
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Title: Assoc Research Scientist
Division / Dept.: PCR/Molecular
Location: Richmond, VA (Office Based)
Note: Full time, Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing
comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and
lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate,
deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving
health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies
and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic
experts. Welcome to PPD Laboratories, where science is our passion,
quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other,
andrecognizethe power of being one team.Weoffer continued career
advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits
focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
Richmond BioA Labs Overview:
PPD LinkedIn Video Landing Page:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic /
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and
abilities to perform the job (comparable 6 year) or equivalent
combination of education, training, & experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs analytical method development/optimization/validation,
and/or other specialty technologies studies OR method transfers for
pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds.
- qPCR Exp Needed
- RNA/DNA/PCR/RT-PCR/DD-PCR, sequencing, Molecular Genomics.
- Designs and executes experiments independently for self and
- Broad knowledge of Molecular Biology.
- Understanding of GLP or similar regulatory methods.
- Full understanding of laboratory requirements, SOPs, ICH
guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance, Full theoretical and
hands-on understanding and knowledge of general chemistry and
- Full knowledge of technical operating systems
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Ability to independently perform root cause analysis for method
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as
- Time management and project management skills
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental,
vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program
options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and
short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent
care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for
vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation
sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs,
fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs,
professional development training, skills training, education loan
repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards,
annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic
engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and
financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements For This
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support
and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced
environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and
ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including
infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing
and handling multiple projects or activities
Keywords: PPD, Richmond , Associate Research Scientist - Molecular, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!