Supervisor - Pharmacy
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Glen Allen
Posted on: July 21, 2021
The Service Team Leader reports to the Service Operations
Manager and serves as a member of the Management Team. The purpose
of the position is to lead and grow the performance of a team of
customer service agents while supporting and enhancing customer
experiences and business objectives. Responsibilities include
day-to-day tactical activities, performance trending, performance
managing/coaching/developing agents and time management.
On a daily basis, this position is responsible for the delivery of
superior customer service by maximizing employee performance and
ensuring calls are answered effectively and efficiently by
supervising incoming calls, resolving escalated calls, assisting
agents with any client related questions, ensuring agents’
adherence to schedules and ensuring compliance to policies and
The ideal candidate motivates agents to peak performance through
positive coaching, constructive feedback and incentives,
demonstrates a commitment to the company’s mission and vision, and
supports activities that strengthen the client relationship and
grow the organization.
• Drive staff performance to meet customer service goals
• Drives the daily performance of a team of customer service agents
ensuring SLAs and other business targets are met and exceeded.
• Collects and provides timely, productive and measurable feedback
to ensure recognition, process changes and development
opportunities are maximized.
• Oversees the team’s annual goal setting process, performance
evaluations and performance improvement plans.
• Supports agents, business and brand initiatives, especially as
related to achieving outstanding client experiences, including
engaged daily floor support , escalated customer resolution and
engagement in training and support areas as needed
• Remains alert to conversations on the floor, monitoring agents
for quality and training purposes
• Reviews new and updated accounts with Agents (one-on-one).
• Ensures agents’ compliance with policies and procedures.
• Provides direction to agents on achieving departmental standards
while encouraging and motivating them in promoting customer
loyalty, employee recognition, and revenue generation.
• Monitors call traffic and makes adjustments based on call center
• Produces monthly team report detailing team activity, trend
analysis, goals/objective status and special projects.
• Actively participates in process / project conversations, emails
and activities that will improve effectiveness/experience for
client, agents, leadership, brands or partner departments
• Displays ownership and accountability for the customer
experience, employee relations, core business metric
targets/contributing factors and understanding of the organizations
policies and procedures.
• Maintains reliability and flexibility to ensure team and business
needs are appropriately supported.
• Delegates work to agents as needed.
• Proactively addresses call center concerns and identifies areas
• Handles system emergencies with direction from IT department
and/or appropriate vendor.
• Assists with task assignments in the Manager’s absence.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a high volume call center; PBM
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to
communicate effectively at all levels inside and outside the
• Technical aptitude and working knowledge of performance trending
• Proven ability to adapt to changes in the business and develop
strategies to support those changes.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to foster an
environment that promotes personal development of direct
• Supporting a 24/7/365 contact center including holidays
• Schedule will be between 12p - 10p and will include a rotating
Must have an active pharmacy technician licensure or
registration in accordance with state requirements.
If state does not require an exam for
licensure/registration, must possess both
active pharmacy technician licensure or registration in accordance
with state requirements AND an active national certification (e.g.,
PTCB or ExCPT).
In states that do not require licensure or registration, must
have an active national certification (e.g., PTCB or ExCPT).
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high volume call
center and Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience
For positions supporting Medicare Part B, requires 2+ years of
experience in Medicare Part B.
Supervisor - Pharmacy
Customer Service, PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management)
GED (Required), High School (Required)
Certifications - Required
CPT/ExCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements -
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Richmond , Supervisor - Pharmacy, Other , Glen Allen, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!