Did you know that all the billboards you see along
the highway are built like a small erector set - connecting A to B
to C and
so on? Our Billboard Construction Crew
Members construct and maintain our billboard inventory, and that
could be you if you like working outdoors. Our Lamar office in
Richmond, Virginia is now hiring a full time Operations crew member
to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands
in Richmond, VA and the surrounding areas.
Have you ever wondered how billboard are installed?
Check out this video!
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising
companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of
advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national
brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule,
and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our
business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our
customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have
been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our
mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has
its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel
connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits
package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings
include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options,
dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan,
and incentivized wellness programs.
This hourly range for this position is $15 - $16 /
hour with occasional overtime opportunities, dependent on
relevant experience, certifications, and licenses. We provide
performance-based wage increases as well as wage increases for
Lamar-sponsored training certifications.
The purpose of this entry level, full time position is to
maintain billboards, perform vegetation and structure maintenance,
and construct and dismantle structures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Erect and dismantle billboard structures.
- Responsible for structure and vegetation maintenance, including
painting, repairing walkways and trim, trimming trees, and cutting
- Responsible for pre and post trip preparations, including
folding and loading billboard vinyl, completing trip
documentations, and documenting vehicle and equipment
- Ensure the shop and materials yard is clean and organized and
old billboard vinyls are stored for recycling.
- Responsible for basic electrical maintenance, such as replacing
light bulbs and fuses.
- Attend construction and installation safety meetings as
required and adhere to all safety regulations
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
- Ability to safely use construction and vegetation equipment, in
regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor
- Ability to safely use vegetation equipment, in regards to the
maintenance of structures and Lamar building.
- General knowledge of electrical procedures and techniques.
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and
- Ability to learn to safely use welding & torching
- Must be willing and able to learn how to use a smart phone for
various job tasks
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or Equivalent
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course
- Preferred certifications, but not required: CDL/Non-CDL, Crane,
Signal, and Rigging
- Previous experience working at heights up to 100 ft. above
- Or some equivalent combination of education & experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb at heights up to 100 ft.
- The physical demands for this position are moderate to heavy
lifting, pushing, reaching, seeing (reading, color distinction,
acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than
50%, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing
(up to 100 feet).
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%
- On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State
or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When
applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily
self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment
to watch this video for clarification
on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal
information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants.
This information may include, for example, name, address, phone
number and other contact information, employment history and
reference contact information, and any other information provided
by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you
consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely
for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar.
Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR