Sr Software Engineer
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Glen Allen
Posted on: July 22, 2021
This position services as an expert technical and industry
resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses
of information technology and in all phases of major system and
subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and
industry IT technical and business process capabilities including
leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT
opportunities. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task
identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for
research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs
and participates in software/hardware releases and installation
- Analyzes problems and program in two or more programming
- Understands and develops functional and non-functional
requirements for a system.
- Works with multiple programming frameworks.
- Develops, tests and maintains code using software development
methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using
middleware such as SnapLogic and consume or produce SOAP or REST
based services, etc.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Possesses proficiency in automated testing strategies,
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services,
- Understands Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud
- Performs load and performance testing on the application and do
regular performance tuning.
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- Strong working knowledge of modern programming languages
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication
Sr Software Engineer
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Richmond , Sr Software Engineer, Other , Glen Allen, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!