Registered Nurse RN OR Operating Room
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: September 15, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours per
week - 11a-7:30p
Do you want to be a part of a family
and not just another employee? You contribute to our success. Every
role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the
opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated
professional like you to be a part of our Surgical
Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our
John Randolph Medical Center, your
local community hospital serving local communities since 1915. At
our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and
sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical
centers. A top performing hospital recognized by the Joint
Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also received
recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and
our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. We
remain focused on continuously expanding our services and
technology, enabling us to provide quality services to our
community. As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver
the best of both worlds—high-quality, technology-assisted expert
care in a warm, welcoming and personalized
Our Surgical Services
- 4 Operating Rooms
- 3 Endoscopy Procedure Rooms
- Off Site Surgery Center
- Supportive, nurturing and caring culture that fosters teamwork
and excellent practice
- Looking to expand our service lines in the near future to
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical
Companies for more than 10 consecutive years
What will you be
- Completes pre-operative assessments and interprets data to
formalize an individual plan of care for surgical patients.
Evaluates the patient's plan of care to insure positive patient
- Demonstrates competency in circulating cases as it relates to
unit scope of care including planning and efficiently providing
equipment and supplies based upon physician/patient needs.
- Demonstrates competency in utilizing principles of aseptic
technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Administers medications and solutions in the O.R. including
monitoring the physiological status of patients.
- Maintains accurate documentation to ensure accountability and
accurate precise charging.
- Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during
their perioperative experience.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care
within the operating room.
- Participates in department on-call assignments and demonstrates
flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- 1 year of perioperative RN experience or completion of a
perioperative course required.
- Nursing graduate with RN Diploma or Associate of Science in
Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Licenses, Certifications & Training
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced
Life Support (PALS) certification must be obtained within 6 months
of start date in position. CNOR certification preferred.
We Value YOU and Your
We are committed to providing our
employees with the support they need. At Johbn Randolph Medical
Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. We are actively interviewing so apply
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN OR Operating Room, Other , Hopewell, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!