Azure SQL DBA
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Azure SQL DBA
CGI is looking for a senior Azure SQL DBA experienced in migration
of on-premise SQL Server clusters to Microsoft Azure SQL targets.
This opportunity is local to Richmond, VA. Preference is for
candidates who are with in commutable distance to that
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage daily DB Administration activities and installation and
configuration of SQL servers
• Migrate existing SQL Server instances to Azure SQL or provision a
new Azure SQL database.
• Set up and managing SQL replication
• Install, configure, and manage SQL clusters
• Backup and restore Azure SQL databases.
• Configure and monitor log
• Monitor and optimize the performance of Azure cloud database'
• Automate common management tasks using PowerShell.
• Database High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
• SQL Server 2016 HA database upgrades, patches, service packs and
• Install and monitor Azure managed SQL instances
• Manage change control process
• Managing and testing backup/recovery policies in the cloud and on
• Manage database support issues
• Maintain policies/procedures for ensuring the security of the
• Implement and maintain data models
• Resolve database issues
• Implementation and maintenance of Azure Architecture and
• Install, configure, test, maintain and monitor the general health
of database servers
• Azure DB modernization - Azure Cosmos Db or any other cloud NoSQL
DB - Nice to have
• Oracle to SQL migration
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Microsoft SQL experience on Azure, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data
Factory and data warehousing background
• Application migration to cloud experience is required
• Supporting/implementing SQL 2016 HA experience
• Microsoft development tools, Power BI and SQL database
• Knowledge of Azure, DMA, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
• Experience in SQL 2012/2016/2019 development and
• In-depth understanding of SQL architecture
• Experience with replication topologies and components
• Expert knowledge in SQL clustering and availability groups
• Good experience implementing operational automation through SQL
tools and PowerShell
• Good experience with cloud migration tasks (Azure)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Engineering or a related field
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- MS SQL Server
- Application Migration
- Microsoft Azure
- MS Azure SQL DB
- MS PowerBI
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Richmond , Azure SQL DBA, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!