Welder 1st Shift
Company: Tindall Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: 1ST SHIFT POSITIONPerforms all welding duties,
typically at extreme heights and according to specifications, that
are required on the erection site by using SMAW welding equipment.
This position travels extensively throughout the marketing area,
including considerable overnight requirements. The employee will be
required to wear safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, hearing
protection, and steel-toe shoes while on the job site. The employee
will be required to follow all Safety and Quality rules and
processes to ensure a safe working environment, and the production
of high-quality products.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Cleans
connection plates with chipping hammer and/or grinder.2. Climbs up
ladder, with welding leads, to extreme heights to connect panels
together with a weld connection.3. Drills holes for red head bolts
in foundation, installs red heads, bolts clip angle to foundation
and welds angles to panel.4. Alleviates bad joints by using a hand
wrench to pull the panel together to make the weld connection.5.
Weld haunch and base plates on members at job site, when
required.6. Weld connection plates on panels, beams, columns, and
double tees, as needed.7. Helps erection crew with duties when
available, such as; grouting, positioning members, etc.8. Possess a
strong understanding of Tindall Welding and Grouting procedures.9.
Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.EDUCATION
AND/OR EXPERIENCE: - High School Diploma or general education
degree (GED) with 1-3 years of experience and/or training or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.- Must become
Tindall Certified in SMAW 3F & 4F.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Ability to weld Carbon plate to plate fillet & groove.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and weld symbols to
determine specific welding requirements.
- Ability to perform tasks independently with minimal direct
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences in English is
- Ability to add and subtract low digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American
weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Constantly be required to stand, walk, work on knees, use hands
to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, and (with assistance) occasionally
lift with and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision demands include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus.The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.WORKING ENVIRONMENT: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and must be
able to perform in hot & cold temperatures.
- Regularly exposed to extreme heights
- Frequently exposed to moving equipment and sINFended loads
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and
- Exposed to a noise level that is intermittently loud.The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those the employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- OvertimeWork Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Tindall Corporation, Richmond , Welder 1st Shift, Other , Petersburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!