Program Officer, Fundraising and Communication
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
THE ORGANIZATION What We DoWith residents and partners, LISC
forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across
America - great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise
families. Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and
credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community
infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational
mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations
to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes
that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being. Over the last
40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20
billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational
mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety,
employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize
underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC's
reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 40 cities
and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit
us at The LISC Virginia program has experience developing the
infrastructure of this broad variety of local, community-based
organizations by providing technical and financial assistance -
building capacity, sharing best practices, and providing project
investments to support local solutions to community needs. Position
DescriptionLISC Virginia is seeking a skilled and experienced
professional to advance our work through fundraising and
communications. Working across Central Virginia. the Program
Officer will identify, research, and cultivate new funding sources
and write grant applications; enhance LISC Virginia's recognition
and media, including social media, presence; and help develop
programs consistent with emerging priorities in the LISC Virginia
strategic plan and the LISC National strategic framework, including
programs that promote diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
(DEIJ). The successful candidate will have familiarity with the
field and LISC's programmatic work sufficient to help attract new
funders and investors to support expansion of LISC's programs. The
successful candidate should have experience in fundraising and
external communications. Responsibilities Principal areas of
responsibility will include:
- Identify, research, and cultivate potential new sources of
support for LISC Virginia, including government, philanthropic, and
private corporate) sources for LISC's work, including affordable
housing development, capacity-building for community development
corporations, financial literacy, community economic development,
and programs that build DEIJ.
- Create, track, and regularly evaluate an annual fundraising
plan to track dollars received and pending, and to ensure each
program is sufficiently resourced.
- Write grant applications and reports and supporting materials,
and communicate to Program Officer (POs) about grant commitments,
expectations, and activities.
- Develop and execute a communications plan to raise LISC's
profile among funders and partners. This should include improving
and driving traffic to the website, improving the e- newsletter,
and developing a regular social media presence.
- Create regular content for the LISC VA website, social media
accounts, and e-mail platform.
- Assist POs in developing communication materials for respective
programs, to include webinar presentations and program flyers.
- Design collateral materials as needed for marketing, reporting,
- Coordinate and develop annual impact reports to capture the
achievements of the office. Work in coordination with Program
Officers to gather program related stories and data.
- Plan and execute fundraising and other special events
- Assist with program development consistent with the LISC
Virginia Strategic Plan and LISC National Strategic Framework.
- Help identify and manage key relationships with public and
private partners. Work closely with City and State partners in the
development of projects and programs.
- Work with LISC VA staff to develop, launch and manage new
- Work closely with community-based organizations to build
capacity and provide fundraising technical assistance related to
LISC's housing and community economic development initiatives.
- Track progress on funding, communications, and programmatic
milestones. Conduct research, and gather and analyze data that
supports organizational and programmatic outcomes. Prepare,
monitor, and track performance and outcomes of grant recipients and
- Assist with communication efforts to highlight program
- Coordinate and work with LISC National development and
communications staff to ensure LISC VA is aware of new practices
and competitive for internal funding opportunities.
- Prepare reports as required by funders and grant deliverables
and maintain master calendar of reporting requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fundraising and/or
communications, preferably in the non-profit sector, and community
development, affordable housing development, DEIJ, or related
- Demonstrated experience developing annual fundraising plans and
- Proven record of writing successful grants, for governments,
foundations and corporate and institutional funding sources.
- Demonstrated knowledge developing communication plans and
- Demonstrated experience creating content for website, social
media, and email.
- Keen understanding of neighborhood revitalization and/or
economic opportunity issues; familiarity with Virginia's urban
- Ability to strategically implement LISC's program goals.
- Work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects, set
priorities and coordinate with multiple internal and external
parties to meet project guidelines.
- Work effectively collaboratively with others and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Salesforce or other CRM databases.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud or other graphic design
programs, preferable. LISC offers a competitive salary and
excellent benefits. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
Keywords: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), Richmond , Program Officer, Fundraising and Communication, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!