Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases,
Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and
Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating
What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising
technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the
Dover Corporation - (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global
manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation
delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility
to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships
we build with our customers are as important to our success as the
products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers
FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best
when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Assembler II
Location: Chester, VA
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Assembler II who will be responsible for
assembling refrigeration cases and/or partial sub-assemblies in the
prescribed time and to specified quality standards.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
* Read and comprehend a work order.
* Identify parts and part descriptions using work order
* Identify power and hand tools used on their assigned product
* Performs any assembly-type function, using hand/power tools or
* Utilize appropriate information given on material gauging and
* Read rulers, tape measures, metal squares, and other measuring
* Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or
* Works as member of assembly team building units to
* Performs appropriate preventive maintenance on equipment and
* Maintain work area in clean, safe and organized manner.
What are the basic qualifications?
* HS Diploma/GED
What are the preferred qualifications?
* Two years' experience working as an assembler in a manufacturing
Strengths needed for this role: (Functional Skills)
* Customer Focus
* Manages Complexity
* Decision Quality
* Action Oriented
* Plans and Aligns
* Ensures Accountability
* Drives Results
* Drives Engagement
Essential Physical/Environmental Requirements
* Must be able to operate power tools and perform tasks that
require fine motor skills (ex: threading nuts onto bolts, starting
a screw, etc.)
* May be required to perform specific tasks that involve standing,
bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting or kneeling.
* Must be able to lift with or without mechanical aids on a
recurring basis (up to 50 lbs).
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to
temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts,
increased noise levels and dust.
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a
team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued
reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It's our
values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our
shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions,
as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and
measure our performance. It's our unwavering commitment to
maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
* Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
* Winning Through Customers
* Respects and Values People
* Expectations for Results
* High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
What's in it for you?
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Flexible Spending
* Profit Sharing
* Paid Holidays
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors
prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Assembly, Power Systems, Manufacturing, Energy
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Richmond , Assembler II, Other , Chester, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!