Associate Research Scientist
Posted on: June 24, 2022
PPD clinical research services is a leading global contract
research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug
development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD,
we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to
improve health!Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact
on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest
technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and
therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD - Laboratories, where science
is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the
cornerstone of our success.At PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher
Scientific, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other,
andrecognizethe power of being one team.Weoffer continued career
advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits
focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.Summarized
PurposePerforms complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical
products and proficiently uses analytical instrumentation,
calculates and analyzes data and records data in adherence with PPD
SOP's and the industry. Routinely acts as the project leader on
multiple projects, interacts with clients, reviews and evaluates
data, writes reports and protocols. Responsible for the scientific
conduct of the project and communication of regulatory issues with
senior level team members.Essential Functions:
- Independently performs method validations, method transfers and
analytical testing of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical
compounds in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems.
Understands and conforms to methods and protocols applicable to
assigned tasks. Designs and executes experiments with minimal
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study
reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Communicates data and technical issues to the client and
responds to client needs and questions.
- Mentors, trains and coordinates laboratory activities of other
team members and assists in troubleshooting instrument and
- Assists with quality systems and new equipment.
- Assists in designing method validation or method transfer
protocols and establish project timelines.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality
and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices
(GLP). Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and
compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA
and issuance to customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic /
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and
abilities to perform the job (comparable 6+ year) or equivalent
combination of education, training, & experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4+
- OR PhD and previous experience that provides the knowledge,
skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 2+ year)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Independently performs analytical testing, method
optimization/validation, and/or other specialty technologies
studies OR method transfers for pharmaceutical and
biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or
- Understands and conforms to methods, and protocols applicable
to assigned tasks.
- Experience performing immunoassays, ELISA or similar
- Designs and executes experiments independently
- Reviews and critiques study protocols, project status reports,
final study reports and other project-related technical
- Prepares and reviews study protocols, project status reports,
final study reports and other project-related technical
- Communicates data and technical issues to clients as
- Leads analytical (procedural and instrumental) trouble shooting
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a
- Ability to train junior staff
PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, offers comprehensive
benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee
assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and
short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent
care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for
vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation
sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs,
fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs,
professional development training, skills training, education loan
repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards,
annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic
engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and
financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/Requirements For This
PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, values the health and
wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to
create a healthy and balanced environment where they can
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and
ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including
infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing
and handling multiple projects or activities
Our 4i Values:
Integrity - Innovation - Intensity - Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to
accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some
of the world's most urgent health needs, submit your application -
we'd love to hear from you!
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values
diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual
respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy,
national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other
Keywords: PPD, Richmond , Associate Research Scientist, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!