Associate Group Leader
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PPD clinical research services, Thermo Fisher's clinical
research business, is a leading global contract research
organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development,
laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD clinical
research services, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our
purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving
health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies
and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic
experts. Welcome to PPD clinical research services, where science
is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the
cornerstone of our success.
As an Associate Group Leader, provide line-level management
coordination of resources and work schedules for laboratory
At PPD clinical research services, we hire the best, develop
ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one
team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award
winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing
of our employees.
Provides line-level management coordination of resources and work
schedules for laboratory activities. Oversees daily operations and
assists in preparation and implementation of company policies,
quality systems and training programs. Ensures that projects are
completed in a timely manner so that company revenues are met and
clients are satisfied with the quality and turnaround time of work
being performed. Ensures that laboratory staff continues to be
developed to keep pace with department goals and growth.
- Performs lab work in accordance with client protocols, methods
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study
reports and other project-related technical documentation.
- Designs experimental study and participates in technical
- Reviews, interprets and analyzes data for technical quality and
compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Reviews laboratory
investigations and deviation.
- Organizes, schedules and supervises laboratory resources for
group's project activities and updates project status.
- Responds to client questions and needs, coordinates client
communication and records meeting minutes.
- Assists group leaders in their responsibilities.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of PPD clinical
research services/client SOPs and company operational policies.
Ensures adherence to SOPs, safety standards and company
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic /
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and
abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years) or equivalent
and relevant combination of education, training, &
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of
appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience,
will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the
requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience performing immunoassays, ELISA or similar
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to be project solution driven
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as
- Can independently perform root cause analysis for method
- Technical writing skills; ability to write quality documents
(SOPs, investigation forms, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability
to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Project and time management skills
PPD clinical research services values the health and wellbeing of
our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a
healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is
listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and
ideaswith diverse groups of peoplein a comprehensible and
- Ableto work upright and stationary and/or standingfor typical
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including
infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing
and handling multiple projects or activities.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity - Innovation - Intensity - Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to
accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some
of the world's most urgent health needs, submit your application -
we'd love to hear from you!
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values
diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual
respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy,
national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other
Keywords: PPD, Richmond , Associate Group Leader, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!