Senior Systems Engineer
Company: SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor --- 4.6
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to
Work, is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team! -
-The Senior Systems Engineer shall provide technical engineering
support to service-life extension and modernization programs to the
AC2SN program office. They shall have expertise and a technical
knowledge-base of system configurations and modernization efforts.
The Senior Systems Engineer shall support definition and execution
of systems engineering activities within a project. These
activities may consist of systems planning, performance management,
capacity planning, testing and validation, benchmarking,
information engineering, and development and staffing of systems
engineering management plans. The Senior Systems Engineer shall
support the analysis and development of technical documentation
detailing integration and system performance. They shall be a
subject matter expert in requirements interpretation. They shall
perform highly complex analyses, and be capable of resolving
complex problems. The Senior Systems Engineer shall support
development of advanced technological ideas and help guide their
development into a final product. They may act as advisor to
customers on advanced technical research studies and
- Provide senior level engineering advisement to NSWCDD with
regards to systems engineering activities. Liaison directly with
the Air Command & Control and Sensor Netting Program Management
Office and other supporting organizations and services involved
- Actively provide Subject Matter Expertise support and advise on
all aspects of the system lifecycle (analysis, requirements
definition, design, test and evaluation of prototype and production
representative models, maintenance and preparing associated
- Work collectively within a large, geographically separated
engineering team to ensure high-quality system delivery
Required Skills & Experience:
- Principal-level Professional. As subject matter expert,
interfaces with executives on highest-level functional issues,
providing recommendations and solutions with full understanding of
cross-organizational impact and needs. May be recognized outside
the organization as a thought-leader in area(s) of expertise.
Typically has a Bachelors degree, and 12 or more years of
experience, or equivalent relevant work experience; e.g., each year
of work experience may be substituted for each year of education
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce
guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities,
all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or
have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience: - -
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in Systems Engineering
activities specific to Naval track management systems.
- Experience with Naval Command and Control and Combat Systems
(C2/CS) including design, performance, analysis, military
applications, or operational experience.
- Experience in architecting and developing Naval C2/CS,
including missions and capabilities definition, operational
requirements, functional allocation, model and simulations,
testing, integration, and operational deployment.
- Experience in developing Naval C2/CS elements, including
requirements definition, functional allocation, design development,
testing, integration, and operational deployment.
- Experience in development of Department of Defense Architecture
Framework (DoDAF) products as well as other architectural
representations of Track Management and link functions.
- Experience in the defining and developing Capability
Requirement Documents, Capability Production Documents, System
Engineering Plans, System Requirements Documents, System Design
Documents, Interface Design Documents and Specifications.
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the Marine Air
Command and Control System (MACCS) and Common Aviation Command &
Control System (CAC2S).
Education: - A professional engineering degree from a full 4-year
course of study in an accredited college or university in one of
the following competency areas: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Computer
Minimum Clearance: - -Final Secret
Travel (if applicable): -
Location: - Fredericksburg, VA
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with
other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It's also
a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our
employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take
pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions
to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the
expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will
allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.Get Involved in
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company
is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage
that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our
team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge
technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on,
you will be having a direct impact on our customer's success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don't just hire the smartest people. We hire
experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what
they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided
challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of
- Resources: - excellent facilities, tools, and training
opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice
- Fitness/Well-being: - opportunities to participate in company
sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for
personal and professional development plus great training
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job
- Regular communication ("All-Hands", "SimV Share", "Imagineering
Day") to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is
happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional
- What you bring to the table---
FTACEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor --- 4.6, Richmond , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Woodford, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!