Posted on: January 27, 2023
Catcher-Palletizer is responsible for inspecting product, stacking,
aerating, and placing it on pallets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/ DUTIES
- Packing of finished product onto correct pallets neatly to
prepare for finishing.
- Operate forklift and pallet jack as required, in a safe manner
- Inspection of product being produced.
- Watch that products are not mixed when building pallets. Any
discrepancies are to be brought to the supervisor's attention
- Ensure pallets are put together with correct pallet tags and
- Assists in minimizing the scope of remakes (identifying
problems in a timely fashion through inspection).
- Provides information to the operator, production lead and/or
management during the production run minimizing waste.
- Completes all documentation and reporting in the ERP
- Keep work area clean and orderly. Inform supervisor of supply
- Adhere to all safety requirements including GMP's, PPE's, HACCP
- Performs other related duties as required.
When Machine is down the catcher/palletizer should:
- Make boxes and label boxes.
- Clean-up work area.
- Remove or clean-up any unnecessary garbage.
- Stock machines with pallets, tape, etc. for next shift.
- Assist operator with any task that can be done.
Minimum requirements to be considered for this position
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: A minimum one-year experience in a manufacturing
- Certifications/ Licenses:
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
OTHER: Operate manual pallet jack and electric pallet jack as
required. Ability to use RF scanner for WMS transactions. Knowledge
of the use of hand tools and the ability to use hand tools.
Knowledge of product layout and product specifications. Knowledge
of machine operation, mechanical systems, and electronic machine
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, understand, and comprehend Safety
Rules; operating and maintenance instructions; quality
procedures/quality checklists; and production data log. Ability to
communicate production and machine issues to supervisors and others
in work area. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematics (i.e. counting
and basic calculations to add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
Ability to use and read a tape measure. Ability to perform
calculations for measuring and calculating amounts.
Working Environment: Safety glasses with side shields, hearing
protection, and steel-toed shoes are required. In addition, task
specific PPE may be required.
Physical Demands The following is a general overview and is used in
conjunction with the process specific Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
continuously use hands and fingers to position, and arms to reach.
The employee may frequently bend and move about the work area. The
employee may occasionally remain in a stationary position,
ascend/descend stairs, push and pull, and communicate.
The employee may occasionally move and position up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required
for this position based on business needs and at the request of
Keywords: Sabert, Richmond , Catcher-Palletizer, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!