Estimator - Building Automation Systems (Hybrid in Virginia Beach)
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Hybrid Position - Relo Assistance - Top Ranked Energy Services
firm in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach areaThis Jobot Job is hosted
by: Courtney HoogervorstAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking
the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $80,000 -
$100,000 per yearA bit about us:Coastal Virginia-based Professional
Energy Services company that specializes in providing comfort
solutions to clients primarily through the sale of HVAC equipment,
controls, parts, service and comprehensive solutions. Clients
include commercial, industrial, educational, government, and
healthcare facilities.Why join us?Competitive Salaries - Weekly
PayOpportunities For AdvancementMedical, Dental, and Vision
InsuranceCompany Paid Life InsuranceCompany Paid Short & Long-Term
DisabilityProfit Sharing and 401K Plan with Contribution
MatchingCompany Paid HolidaysPaid Time Off (PTO) Military/Parental
LeaveJob DetailsCurrently seeking a Building Automation Systems
Estimator for a Top Ranked Energy Services firm in the Virginia
Beach area. The Estimator will work closely with the Sales
Engineers, Project Managers, Sales staff, subcontractors and
material suppliers to ensure timely completion of a detailed cost
estimate. ---HYBRID role- candidate must be based in the Virginia
- Relocation Assistance providedJob Duties:
- Create cost estimates (materials, sub-contractors, equipment,
labor) for bidding or pricing projects.
- Analyze project needs using plans, specifications, and industry
- Perform preliminary engineering tasks.
- Take-off and price controls materials accurately (quantity,
size, configuration, voltage, options).
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and project risks.
- Stay updated with industry standards for a competitive
- Develop subcontractor scope of work.
- Negotiate prices with vendors/sub-contractors for cost
- Coordinate controls equipment discounts with Southeast
Territory Contracting Solutions Leader.
- Maintain comprehensive job documentation.
- Conduct pre-bid meetings with Sales Staff and Engineers to
review project scope and strategy.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates (controller sizing, electrical,
scope definition, proposals, points list).
- Generate and distribute proposals.
- Conduct site visits to assess field conditions.
- Attend Transition and close-out meetings for projects.MUST
- 3+ years experience developing proposals and estimating within
building automation systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical architectural,
mechanical and control drawings, specifications schematics and
ladder diagrams.NICE TO HAVE:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from 2-year College or
technical school with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and
- Experience Estimating with TraneInterested in hearing more?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Richmond , Estimator - Building Automation Systems (Hybrid in Virginia Beach), Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!