Superintendent, General Building
Company: Overaa Construction
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job DescriptionOveraa is a design/build contractor specializing in
a variety of market sectors including healthcare, commercial, and
education, municipal, industrial, energy, and transportation.
Overaa is seeking a Superintendent with 5 - 10 years experience in
general building, including office, lab and healthcare, to join our
team in our Richmond office. We are looking for a team member to be
part of a unique company culture that emphasizes collaboration and
innovation throughout all phases of project delivery. Overaa is an
established, well-respected Bay Area company with offices in
Richmond, Oakland, San Jose and Santa Rosa. Position Description
Ten years minimum experience in heavy concrete work. Candidate
should have experience with large vertical engineered formwork
systems including site built wood forms, as well as horizontal
shoring systems. Has to have knowledge of ACI, be able to schedule
inspections, concrete pours, and equipment and coordinate
subcontractors in multiple areas. Ability to supervise multiple
foreman and crews in different types of structures under the
direction of a Senior Superintendent. Experience and Skills
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project
on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship according
to plans and specifications.
- Create and maintain construction schedule.
- Proactively and collaboratively work to solve problems.
- Maintain excellent relationships with subcontractors,
suppliers, coworkers and project stakeholders.
- Manage self-perform activities and track productivity
- Order materials and schedule inspections.
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and
rectify job site hazards.
- Ensure all company employees, contractors and site personnel
adhere to company safety policy.
- Create a jobsite logistics plan and maintain an organized,
clean, safe job site environment.
- Complete all Overaa company safety training as required.
- Passion for construction.
- Driven to succeed with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- As a key company representative, Superintendent conducts all
business activities according to company values including loyalty,
humility and a can-do attitude. Overall Responsibilities and
- Reports to the General Superintendent for personnel and
- Reports to the Project Manager for project business including
project strategy, contractual issues, scheduling and execution of
- Responsible to enforce jobsite safety program.
- Responsible for determining the most efficient and productive
methods for sequencing work and meeting production goals and
- Responsible for directing, supervising, coaching and mentoring
project foremen and field crews. BenefitsAs part of our on-going
commitment to our employees, we offer extremely competitive and
comprehensive benefit packages.
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive/Bonus Plans
- Union Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off Benefits
- On-site gym and wellness program
- Corporate Philanthropy -- Overaa Cares Program
- Professional Training - Continuous Improvement Program
Keywords: Overaa Construction, Richmond , Superintendent, General Building, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!