Handy Helper (Part-Time)
Company: Beacon Communities
Posted on: August 16, 2019
(Part-Time Position)General Statement of Duties: Assists with
maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the property
according to company operating and safety standards, and assists
residents with activities of daily living.Supervision Received:
Reports to Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) with back-up
direction from Property ManagerSupervision Exercised: No
supervisory duties requiredFLSA Status: NonexemptEssential
Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of
the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties
that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Will Perform the following basic services:
- Light housekeeping services, such as: dusting/vacuuming,
scrubbing kitchen and bathroom floors, cleaning kitchen and
bathroom areas, putting out household trash.
- Assist residents with laundry and changing bed linens
- Prepare emergency frozen meals by request of RSC or Property
- Other job-related service designated by the RSC or Property
- Monitors and takes inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Assists cleaning staff and maintenance staff, as needed.
- Assists Residents Services Coordinator and Property manager
with flyer and building notice distribution, as needed.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with apartment turnover
cleaning as directed by Property Manager which may include cleaning
appliances, fixtures, ceramic tile, floors, etc, as needed.
- May assist with snow removal.
- Assists with trash removal and maintaining property's
appearance including picking up litter on property and
- Assist with helping residents prepare for bedbug treatments
including unpacking of PIK (personal item kit).
- Fosters a positive. active and collaborative relationship with
residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently,
professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant
- Maintains confidentiality of property operations and resident's
- Participate in staff meetings and/or staff training.
- Educate residents about cleaning strategies for maintaining a
- Assist with creating maintenance work-orders when needed
repairs are discovered when working in apartments.
- Notify Property Manager or RSC when resident is out of
compliance with the lease or is in distress.
- Assist RSC with addressing hoarding issues.
- Assist residents with packing and unpacking for Reasonable
Accommodation apartment transfers.
- Special projects as assigned by RSC or Property Manager.
Minimum QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma,
Vocational/Technical School diploma. G E.D. or equivalent
experience.Experience: Six months to one year cleaning/maintenance
work experience preferred,Qualifications and Skills: Must possess
neat and orderly work habits . Ability to handle emergency
situations and pressure due to time sensitivity.Physical
Capabilities: Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb
and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk
for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to
lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc Ability to
operate cleaning equipment competently.Beacon Core Competencies
required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus,
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety,
Planning, interpersonal Skills, Communication. Equal Opportunity
Employer Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Beacon Communities, Richmond , Handy Helper (Part-Time), Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!