Posted on: August 17, 2019
Apply Description For over two decades, Hourigan has established
itself as the "go-to" firm when it comes to managing complex
projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our
portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we're most proud
of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our
relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are
looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity,
and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work
and value building and maintaining relationships every step along
the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day,
providing our employees with opportunities to develop both
personally and professionally. We have an opening for an
experienced individual who simply loves to build buildings to join
our team as a Superintendent. This position will lead all the
on-site activities required throughout the construction process to
successfully deliver a project on time and within budget. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has the independent responsibility to manage all field
activities for small and medium sized projects of normal
- Ensures the proper performance of all subcontractors in both
quality and timeliness of their work.
- Perform and coordinate all duties in conjunction with the
duties of the Project Manager.
- Perform all project start-up and close-out activities.
- Thoroughly understand, organize, and maintain all project
contract documents on a regular basis.
- Assist the Project Manager with preparation of the project
construction schedule in conjunction with input from the required
- Manage the schedule to timely and successful completion.
- Coordinate implementation of the final project budget with the
- Co-conduct a Subcontractor pre-construction meeting with the
Project Manager to review all Hourigan and project-specific
- Co-conduct regular Subcontractor coordination meetings with the
- Prepare and distribute all necessary project administrative
documents including, but not limited to: daily reports, 3-week look
ahead schedule, incident reports, safety inspection reports,
material delivery tickets, investigation reports, etc.
- Identify and resolve all on-site project-specific issues in
conjunction with the Project Manager and escalate the necessary
issues up to the appropriate person.
- Implement and enforce all required Hourigan on-site Quality
- Implement and enforce all required Hourigan on-site Safety
procedures. Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
position or equivalent combination of education and
- 5-7 years of industry experience, preferably in general
- Fosters a strong desire to learn, welcomes a new challenge, and
values the need to collaborate with all team members.
- Previous experience leading a job-site team preferred.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with CMiC and Bluebeam preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of commercial construction
means and methods, application of LEED certifications, and a
thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Exhibits Hourigan's commitment to excellence through meeting
and exceeding both internal and external customer expectations and
displaying only the utmost integrity.
- Some periodic travel may be required. We offer our full-time
employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited
to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and
long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off. The
summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is
not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to
change at our discretion. Hourigan is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
marital or family status, amnesty or protected military or
veterans' status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and
Keywords: Hourigan, Richmond , Superintendent, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!