Radiologic Technologist (RT, X-Ray Tech)
Company: MedExpress Urgent Care
Posted on: September 15, 2019
General Position Description:The Radiologic Technologist (X-Ray
Technologist, X-Ray Tech) is responsible for performing all
Radiology services and other clinical duties. In addition, ensuring
the well-being of patients and for providing positive, supportive
environment for patients and other staff while working in
conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office
and clinical staff. MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to, make each
customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing
tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms
of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Patient Care:
- Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the 'Clinical
Functions by Position' State document and according to onsite
Provider direction and supervision.
- Perform accurate x-rays as ordered by the Provider while
practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA.
- Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read,
and report over-read results to providers.
- Retrieve and archive Radiographic Reports.
- Create/Burn CD's in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- At the direction of the Provider, completes orders per clinical
functions by position. (State applicable)
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical
intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as
urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive,
supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based
documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new
types of procedures, etc. Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair
testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Documentation of competency is required for all role
appropriate procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or
certification as applicable. Center Readiness and Maintenance:
- Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and
completion of Quality Control logs.
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection,
and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper
storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment
according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
- Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete
administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base
supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance
assessment, etc. Working Relationships:
- Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
- Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including
providers and non-providers.
- Administrative clinical partners.
Keywords: MedExpress Urgent Care, Richmond , Radiologic Technologist (RT, X-Ray Tech), Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!