Manager, Cost Management
Company: Ocean Network Express
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Marine, Rail & Operations Planning
Manager, Cost Management
This position is responsible for various aspects of operational
product development, operational execution, and cost control. The
three main areas of responsibility for this position are:
- Leading North American container cost optimization program
which oversees and promotes the cost reduction and control efforts
of all operations departments.
- Supporting reefer, rail, marine, and M&R departments
related to financial matters, internal operational publishing, and
cost and service analytics.
- Managing the budget for various costs and effectively analyze
The position requires to work horizontally across operational and
commercial groups to control costs, advance its support role, and
optimize ONE's assets. It requires a broad understanding of the
container shipping industry operationally. This position is
expected to provide leadership for the organization thus very
strong leadership and intercultural communication skills will be
required to drive results. Strong analytical and project management
skills are also required.
- Overseeing staff performance and development.
- Performing data analysis of cost expenditures and trends to
adjust to market conditions and minimize costs.
- Leading cost savings program which crosses over all departments
and requires driving progress, administering submissions, and
reporting performance to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Planning and executing strategy for short, medium- & long-term
- Communicating complicated messages and recommendations in
compelling ways to senior levels within the business.
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with suppliers.
- Monitoring and reporting on service quality and addresses
performance concerns with suppliers.
- Provide detailed explanations about the cost-saving progress to
ONE NA board members as well as the management in overseas Global
- Encouraging people to share knowledge/information
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of key matrixes related to container
shipping industry, specifically space optimization
- Strong financial understanding of container cost inputs
- Strong decision-making and problems solving skill
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work cooperatively with other departments including
- Strong project management experience
- Strong business process experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in ONE Business Intelligence Tools such as
Eagle Plus, OPUS, and Cognos
- Strong proficiency in MS applications: Excel, Word, and
- Advanced and detailed analytical knowledge of Macros, Pivot
Tables, and other pertinent functions in MS Excel strongly
- M&R, intermodal rail & truck, equipment control, terminal
and/or other container shipping operations background
Required Minimum Years Experience:
10+ years of industry-related experience
3+ years of management experience
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's degree preferred
Resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Ocean Network Express NA and other
opportunities, please visit us at ONE Career Center
Ocean Network Express provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: Ocean Network Express, Richmond , Manager, Cost Management, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!