Precision Agriculture Data Analyst
Company: Weller & Associates Insurance
Posted on: April 10, 2021
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Precision Agriculture Data Analyst serves
our clients by applying their knowledge, work ethic, and attention
to detail to our processes, standards and procedures to administer
crop insurance policies effectively and efficiently. The ideal
candidate will possess a strong analytical background and data
management abilities which enables them to deliver exceptional
results to various stakeholders. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Ensures accurate and timely submissions of assigned reports
using Precision Agriculture Data.
- Gathers, organizes, and submits agricultural data, acreage
reports, production reports, and other documents for insurance
- Analyzes current and past agricultural data for completeness
- Responds to requests from all stakeholders regarding various
reports as assigned.
- Professionally and appropriately communicates by phone, email,
text and by letter with all stakeholders to obtain information,
records, and to answer questions and inquiries.
- Responsible for accurate and timely administration of archived
- Stays current with job knowledge, including crop insurances
rules and regulations and industry software performance by,
attending required workshops and seminars and appropriately
applying new skills and techniques to the job.
- Willingly offers to multi-task in support of other positions
within the agency, small office/team environment.
- Trusted to safely and appropriately operate company vehicles
and equipment. Must complete company required documentation before
and/or after use of vehicles and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accurate and detailed oriented, with an ability to audit and
analyze data, be thorough and well organized.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills under
broadly defined project deadlines.
- Able to plan, prioritize, multi-task and meet constant
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that positively benefit
interaction with employees, customer, vendors and industry
- Good comprehension and communication skills, with the ability
to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through
verbal and written communication.
- Good decision making skills, with the ability to analyze
information, evaluate results, and implement the best solution to
solve problems or challenges.
- Ability to work with a very high level of autonomy, with an
understanding of the rare occasions a superior needs to be involved
in decision making.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical
- Demonstrated ability and dedication to operating safely in the
workplace, both in the office and while using heavy equipment.
- Self-motivated, with a dedication to keeping up to date
technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
- College diploma or educational equivalent.
- At least one year of experience operating GIS Software
including APEX, AMS, SMS or similar data management system.--
Computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office 365,
especially Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other
pre-employment screening, including USDOT registration.
- Must be able to consistently present proof of a satisfactory or
passing driving record in accordance with DOT and insurance carrier
- Must be flexible and willing to seasonally travel out of area
for overnight stays. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include but are not
limited to:The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Able to lift & carry items up to 40 lbs.
- Able to sit at a desk comfortably for extended periods of
- Able to hear and speak to agents in person and/or by
- Able to see and read on computer screen and paper.
- Able to use hands and fingers to operate office equipment such
as a computer, copier, phone, ten-key, etc.
- Ability to operate large equipment both on and off road for
extended periods of time. WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment is
characteristic of a mix of standard office environment and the use
of agricultural field equipment. Improper use of equipment or
improperly/unsafely navigating terrain can result in injury
Keywords: Weller & Associates Insurance, Richmond , Precision Agriculture Data Analyst, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!