Production Technician - Hopewell, VA
Posted on: May 6, 2021
About Linde Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion ( 25 billion).
We live our mission of making our world more productive every day
by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services
which are making our customers more successful and helping to
sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end
markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage,
electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals.
Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from
life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity& specialty gases
for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much
more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions
to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and
emissions reductions. For more information about the company and
its products and services, please visit . Linde U.S. Gases is
currently seeking Production Technician in Hopewell, VA. This
position will report to the Plant Manager on-site. Job Description
The production technician will be responsible for a safe, reliable,
and efficiently operating CO2 plant. The position will require a
strong focus on production operations, analyzer calibration, rail
car loading and ISO Container loading. The role will include but
not limited to performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting,
repairs, calibrations, cleaning and installations of equipment. The
candidate must have demonstrated ability to work across
departmental lines. Must be willing and have the ability to
interpret manufacturers' manuals and apply hands-on skills in
repairing certain mechanical, electrical, electronics, pneumatic,
and hydraulic systems. Key responsibilities:
- Coordinate perform and document preventive maintenance based on
- Read and Maintain P&IDs and Schematic wiring diagrams in
compliance with SOP s, QA, and MOC policies
- Assist in outage planning development with area planner and
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability
- Schedule and direct contractor activities in all related areas
during maintenance and outages
- Monitors process performance and makes appropriate adjustments
to remedy deviations and operates units to continuously supply
products in quantities and qualities, safely and economically
- Complying with all environmental regulations, quality standards
and daily customer requirements
- Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating
equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors,
pumps, fans, blowers, boiler systems and valves
- Assist in Truck Loading and troubleshooting loading issues as
needed This position requires a combination of office work and
field work. The technician will operate and maintain our facilities
in a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly manner which will
include a on call schedule. The job occasionally requires overtime
and call-outs on weekend, nights and holidays. Working schedule
will require some weekend work as directed by management. Employee
must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment
via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Position may also require
providing turnaround support within the region. Excellent
communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop
working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel in
a team environment.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent
combination of work experience and technical training
- Associate Degree from a technical school is desired.
- At least 3+ years of related experience.
- Proven understanding of process control and instrumentation
systems in industrial environment.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical systems, motors,
processing and cooling equipment.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages
(MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Proven experience and aptitude to learn industrial gas process
operations This position will be filled commensurate with
candidate's experience. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative
coordinator, administrative support, assistant, associate, counsel,
front desk, human resources, mail room, receptionist
Keywords: PRAXAIR, Richmond , Production Technician - Hopewell, VA, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!