IT Service Availability Analyst
Posted on: November 22, 2021
* Location: *
* Date Posted: *2021-11-18
* Category: *Information Technology
* Subcategory: *Metrics and Data
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Travel: *Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Minimum Clearance Required: *None
* Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: *None
* Potential for Remote Work: *Yes
* About the SAIC MSI Program*
SAIC has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth
of Virginia to serve as a multi-sourcing service integrator (MSI).
Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to
assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with
modernizing the state's technology infrastructure. SAIC will
coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services
suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the
cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state's portfolio
of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure
cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability
into the commonwealth's service delivery platform.
* Responsibilities: *
* Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies,
procedures, and programs for the security and integrity of data,
databases, information systems, and technology
* Participates in risk management analysis and assists with the
creation of business continuity, contingency, and disaster recovery
* Develops and executes the testing processes utilized to validate
the disaster recovery plans
* Provide information technology infrastructure library (ITIL v4)
Service Availability Management of multiple service providers
* Responsible for services delivered on Availability Management
assurance and analysis to develop, maintain Availability Plans,
which prioritizes, and strategizes IT availability for
* Determine availability requirements of business areas for
existing, new, and enhanced IT computing services.
* Establish baseline measures, key performance indicators (KPIs),
and reporting for service availability that reflects business,
user, and IT support organization requirements.
* Assess availability of IT infrastructure components, determine
impact on services provided to the business, and decide if level of
availability is sustainable. If not, recommend the appropriate
cost-effective design changes needed to satisfy Service Level
* Work to optimize availability of IT infrastructure, systems, and
services to meet commitments to clients related to availability
target levels in a cost-effective manner.
* Provide a holistic view of client's environment making
recommendations to improve overall service availability.
* Participate in Change Management process to assess changes and
communicate any risks from an availability perspective.
* Participate in post-incident and problem reviews to assess impact
* Conduct availability risk assessment for existing services.
* Gather availability data, perform analysis, generate reports, and
communications as necessary.
* Monitor, analyze, and proactively address availability issues
* Investigate and make recommendations to improve service
* Bachelor Degree in related discipline and five (5) years or more
of related experience; Masters and three (e) years or more
experience; May consider a high school education and an additional
4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
* Candidates who have completed ITIL v4 or above are preferred
* Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, diagnosis,
creative problem-solving, verbal, written, and presentation
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Familiar with service level monitoring and reporting tools
* Working knowledge of organizational project management
disciplines, tools, and practices
This position requires SAIC's customer approval of your
qualifications to support the Virginia Information Technology
Agency (VITA) - (MSI) Support Services Contract which includes
successful completion of the VITA Enterprise Background Check,
comprised of a Virginia State Police and Federal Bureau of
Investigations fingerprint background investigation.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an
exemption to the vaccination requirement at [Contact
Us](https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an
approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer
site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence
over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most
complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust
portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and
intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering,
IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and
emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our
own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative,
effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by
mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit
[saic.com](http://www.saic.com/). For ongoing news, please visit
our [newsroom](http://www.saic.com/who-we-are/newsroom). For SAIC
benefits information, see [Working at
SAIC](http://www.saic.com/careers/working-at-saic). EOE AA
Keywords: SAIC, Richmond , IT Service Availability Analyst, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!