Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are seeking to add a talented Material Handler to our team at
the Richmond, VA facility. Offering a competetive starting wage of
$18.87 per hour.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
* Operation of machine equipment and/ or running manual tasks in
order to maintain safety, operational efficiency and quality of the
product or goods handled.
* Ensure timely and accurate production.
* Participation in teams to enhance the integrity of our drive for
* Moderate lifting and bending
* Utilize forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. to unload, move, stack and
load various materials.
* Comply with:
* General Plant Policies
* Plant Safety and Housekeeping Policies and Programs
* Plant Environment Policies and Programs
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 2-4 years of experience in production / manufacturing
environment, or equivalent combination of education and relevant
* Ability to operate powered industrial trucks (i.e. forklift).
* The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed. Work
schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shifts.
* Dependable, team-player who can demonstrate initiative.
* Basic computer, math and reading skills.
* Ability to move around in an industrial environment, including
some climbing up and on plant equipment, and such activities as
walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, driving carts, occasional
reaching with hands and arms, and climbing stairs to reach plant
offices and equipment. Must be able to lift and /or move items
weighing up to 25 pounds.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our
diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and
make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented
atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to
give back to their communities through volunteering and working
with non-profit partners and local schools towards making
communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and
Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by
consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with
opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to
guide you through your career.
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key
competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and
conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring
placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of
absence compensation and training are without regard to race color
religion age sex national origin disability status genetics
protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or
expression or any other characteristic protected by federal
provincial or local laws.
Keywords: Novelis, Richmond , Material Handler, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!