Company: The Donaldson Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Donaldson is looking for two (2) full time -exceptional
Maintenance -Technicians for a residential apartment and townhomes
community, Rivermont Crossing located in Chester, VA. - Ideal
candidate will have general knowledge of maintenance, plumbing,
minor electrical, drywall repair, HVAC, painting and appliance
repair. - Experience in the multi-family housing industry strongly
preferred. - -We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits
package to include medical, dental, vision, AD&D/ Life,
disability, 401K, Paid time off (PTO), housing discount and more. -
- ***For a limited time, -Donaldson will offer a one-time sign-on
bonus of $1,000, less appropriate withholdings, for new Maintenance
Technician -candidates. - To qualify for the sign-on bonus:
- Only applicable to this specific job and location
- Start Employment by December 1, 2021.
- Must be employed at the time of payout.
- Payout will occur as the following:
- $500 on first paycheck
- Remaining $500 paid after 90 days of employment start date.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply - Donaldson -was
recognized by GoodSeeker in 2021 as a Top 20 Values-Driven Employer
in the Greater Washington Region. -Donaldson's core values are
-INTEGRITY * EXCELLENCE * COMMITMENT * ADAPTABILITY * INNOVATION *
OWNERSHIP * COMPASSION * UNITY. We are dedicated to providing an
exceptional customer experience through a total team commitment to
our Vision, Mission, and Values. Share these values with us? Join
our team! - Donaldson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting The Maintenance
Technician reports directly to the Service Manager. Customer
- Keep the Donaldson Group Promise, providing the best possible
customer experience for clients, residents, vendors, internal
- Conduct all business in adherence to Fair Housing Law.
- Monitor maintenance requests and execute service calls promptly
- Ensure that proper care is taken in a resident's apartment,
including clean up and notification of repair.
- Complete tasks in a prompt and professional manner.
- Communicate with, listen and respond to co-workers and
- Greet prospects, residents, vendors and all customers utilizing
excellent customer service.
- Lead by example, motivating the entire team to keep the
Donaldson Group Promise.
- Respond to resident complaints as directed by Service Manager
and/or Property Manager.
- Be available for after-hours maintenance service as needed.
- Assist Property Manager and Service Manager with planning and
execution of resident events.
- Take advantage of opportunities to go above and beyond for all
customers. Maintenance of Physical Asset
- Work to maintain the physical appearance, curb appeal and
upkeep of the property.
- Help Service Manager with all maintenance projects and
- Perform and/or supervise electrical
maintenance/repairs/replacements such as wiring, appliances,
fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Perform and/or supervise plumbing
maintenance/repairs/replacements such as clearing stoppages,
replacing fittings and pipe, and repairing disposals.
- Perform and/or supervise appliance
maintenance/repairs/replacements on refrigerators, ranges,
dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, microwaves, etc.
- Perform and/or supervise carpentry repairs/replacements
including locks, doorknobs, concrete, baseboards, flooring and
subflooring, tiling, cabinets, countertops, caulking, windows,
doors, shelving, and glass, etc.
- Perform and/or supervise the turnover of apartments in a timely
- Assist in maintenance of general files and recordkeeping
- Help maintain adequate inventory levels in accordance with the
budget, storage and need at the direction of the Service
- Assist in custodial work (sweeping, mopping, etc.) as
- Assist in grounds maintenance work as needed.
- Promptly relay resident damage information to Service Manager
and Property Manager for billing.
- Assist with extermination services as needed.
- Diagnose and correct air conditioning and heating
- Perform minor painting and drywall repairs.
- Assist the Service Manager with the upkeep of all property
equipment related to maintenance activities including vehicles.
- Maintain tagging and towing of illegally parked or abandoned
- Maximize curb appeal by maintaining flower beds, shrubbery,
sidewalks, parking lots, fencing, trash enclosures, etc.
- Maintain the cleanliness, safety and appearance of all public
areas of the buildings, such as lobbies, hallways, restrooms,
stairwells, elevators, etc. as directed.
- Maintain the cleanliness, safety and appearance of all resident
common areas such as the community room, kitchen, fitness center,
locker room, pool house, business center, laundry rooms, trash
disposal rooms, etc. as directed.
- Assist in custodial work-such as dusting, sweeping, vacuuming,
mopping, stripping/waxing/buffing of floors, washing windows-as
- Remove bulk trash items from property as directed.
- Distribute and pick-up directional signs weekly as
- Distribute flyers and notices to residents.
- Paint curbs, speed bumps, balconies, doors, etc. as
- Clean out drainage ditches and culverts as needed.
- Perform and document weekly common area light inspection as
- Report major work needed to the Service Manager.
- Assist with evictions as directed.
- Read utility meters as needed.
- Assist Service Manager and/or Property Manager with special
projects as requested and complete other duties as assigned. Safety
- Follow all applicable federal, state, local and company
- Meet OSHA safety standards, by knowing the location and use of:
- SDS Book/"Right to Know" standards.
- First aid kit and eye wash stations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Lock-out/tag-out kit.
- Other safety programs, training, and equipment as
- Create a safe and inviting environment for residents, visitors
- Know the locations of all utility shut-offs, fixture shut-offs,
and sewer clean-outs.
- Ensure prompt correction of lighting deficiencies in common
- Inspect storage areas for proper security functions and
- Maintain the shop and storage areas in a clean, safe, and
- Help the Service Manager perform semi-annual Carbon monoxide
(CO) readings on gas heater units to ensure safe levels.
- Assist Service Manager with arranging and preparing for annual
inspection of fire safety equipment.
- Assist Service Manager with arranging and preparing for annual
- Assist in ensuring that key control measures are strictly
- Ensure prompt removal of snow from all designated areas.
- Be available after hours for emergency and crisis situations.
Planning & Inspection
- Assist the Service Manager with maintaining adequate inventory
levels in accordance with budget, storage and need.
- Pre-inspect all units on notice to vacate for turnover
scheduling purposes as needed.
- Participate in the preventative maintenance program as directed
by Service Manager.
- Assist Service Manager with maintaining preventative
- Report major work needed to Service Manager and Property
- Assist Service Manager and Property Manager with weekly site
- Help make property ready for and participate in Spring/Fall
owner inspections with Property Manager and Service Manager as
- Help inspect each turnover apartment to confirm quality of work
meets company standards.
- Assist in documenting and photographing resident damage during
pre-move out and post-move out inspections.
- Perform or supervise and document weekly common area light
inspection as directed.
- Help Service Manager perform and record bi-annual apartment
- Inspect HVAC units & closets, recording condition and changing
filters; schedule repairs and/or cleaning as needed.
- Check smoke/CO detectors.
- Look for plumbing leaks and schedule repairs as needed.
- Perform other preventative maintenance checks specific to
property (in-unit water heater, balcony, etc.) QUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE A high school diploma or General
Education Degree (GED) is preferred. - Two years related experience
and/or training in residential property management experience is
preferred. - Experience in HVAC repair, appliance repair, plumbing,
electrical and general maintenance is desirable. - The ability to
multi-task and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor are
a must. CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND/OR REGISTRATIONS HVAC
Certification is preferred. The National Housing Association's
Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) designation is
desirable. - SKILL SET Good written and verbal communication skills
are required. - The ability to read and interpret routine
correspondence is needed. - The ability to speak effectively with
co-workers, residents, management, or ownership is necessary.
Outstanding interpersonal skills are needed. - The ability to solve
practical problems and employ rational decision making skills and
common sense is a must. - Also necessary is the ability to think
and react quickly where only limited standardization or direction
exists. - Staying calm and thinking clearly while handling high
pressure emergency or crisis situations is requisite. Mathematical
skills, such as the ability to apply concepts like fractions,
percentages, ratios and proportions are necessary. -Also needed is
the ability to effectively compute units of money, weight,
measurement, volume and distance. - Computer literacy is desirable.
- - -Knowledge of MRI and other accounting/property management
software is of great benefit. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk around the grounds and through buildings,
climb stairs, use his or her hands and reach in order to perform
repairs or work with tools and/or other equipment. - The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. -
The employee must also occasionally climb a 40 foot ladder.
Keywords: The Donaldson Group, Richmond , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Chester, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!