Company: Balzer & Associates, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Balzer & Associates is a land development consulting firm
utilizing architecture, civil and structural engineering, survey,
landscape architecture, environmental and soils studies to
successfully complete projects of varied scope and complexity. We
are committed to delivering projects, from departmental to
full-service, within stated timelines and budgetary constraints. We
enjoy a growing number of public and private sector clients which
allows us to serve our community with the design and construction
of office, medical, educational, industrial/manufacturing,
religious, recreational and historic renovation facilities.Balzer &
Associates offers competitive benefits and salary and our full time
employees enjoy the option of enrolling in medical, dental, and
vision insurance; company paid life, STD and LTD insurance; 401k
with match, PTO, and paid holidays. We have bi-weekly contests with
brain teasers, numerous office lunch celebrations, baseball games
in the summer and an overnight Holiday party during the winter!
Take a look at our Linked In and Facebook page for some exciting
project and community involvement posts!Our approach to
architectural design is derived from a clear understanding of our
client's program, budget, and schedule with the goal of producing
creative and successful solutions. We love client involvement and
see it as paramount to our projects' success. Adaptive reuse and
historic preservation have become a major component to the
company's focus and diversity. Experience with quality construction
detailing, knowledge of site considerations working with in-house
site engineering staff, and a strong understanding of codes and
ordinances have allowed our firm to gain recognition in the
marketplace.Our application process is short. We will speak to each
candidate who applies. We usually know our decision after one
interview. That's about all there is to it! We would like to hire
someone as soon as possible!JOB REQUIREMENTSEssential
- You will consult with clients to determine functional and
spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepare
information regarding design, specifications, materials, color,
equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- You will visit project sites to become familiar with existing
- You will prepare fee proposals and time, cost and staffing
budgets for project for Department Head approval.
- You will direct and coordinate activities of project personnel
to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed
- You will plan layout of project and integrating engineering
elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- You will prepare scale drawings and contract documents for
- You will represent client in obtaining bids and awarding
- You will administer construction contracts and conducts
periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor
compliance with plans.
- You will prepare studies and reports.
- You will prepare project designs and plans using computer
assisted design software and equipment.
- You will direct activities of workers engaged in preparing
drawings and specification documents.
- You will resolve client problems and complaints, and provides
technical advice to project staff.
- You will perform final quality assurance/buildability review of
- You will sign and seal project documents prepared under his
Keywords: Balzer & Associates, Inc., Richmond , Project Architect, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!