Material Handler I
Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display
Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and
Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating
What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising
technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the
Dover Corporation - (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global
manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation
delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility
to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships
we build with our customers are as important to our success as the
products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers
FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best
when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Material Handler
Location: Richmond, VA
What we are looking for:
This position is responsible for organizing, transporting, and
delivering materials throughout warehouse and manufacturing
What you will be responsible for in this role:
* Read labels, count/organize parts for storage and delivery, and
deliver material to correct location.
* Operate material handling equipment to include forklift, standing
lift, 4D lift, tugger, etc.
* Read, understand, and follow prescribed routes for material
* Audit and maintain point of use locations to ensure adherence to
prescribed material flow processes.
* Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area using 5S
What are the basic qualifications?
* HS Diploma/GED.
* Minimum six months experience operating material handling
equipment (ex: forklift, standing lift, 4D lift, tugger, etc.)
* Minimum six months experience working in a manufacturing or
What are the preferred qualifications?
* Able to quickly and accurately count, add, subtract, multiply and
* Previous experience creating and implementing process
improvements in assigned work areas.
Strengths needed for this role: (Functional Skills)
* Customer Focus
* Manages Complexity
* Decision Quality
* Action Oriented
* Plans and Aligns
* Ensures Accountability
* Drives Results
* Drives Engagement
Essential Physical/Environmental Requirements
* May be required to perform specific tasks that involve standing,
bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting or kneeling.
* Must be able to lift with or without mechanical aids on a
recurring basis (up to 50 lbs).
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to
temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts,
increased noise levels and dust.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors
prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Warehouse, Power Systems, Forklift, Industrial,
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Richmond , Material Handler I, Professions , Chester, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!