Construction Financial Coordinator
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Homesmith Construction is a close-knit group of employees
providing a superior homebuilding experience for our clients.
Everything we do is guided by the .
-With a focus on continuous improvements that benefit our clients,
partners, vendors, and employees alike, we have created a new
position and look forward to welcoming a Construction Financial
Coordinator to our team.
What is a Construction Financial Coordinator?
The team member in this role will be responsible for initiating,
coordinating, and completing administrative and clerical functions
that support homebuilding operations and field services as directed
by the Operations Manager or other senior staff. A critical
component of the work is aligning project and financial information
across all levels of the organization according to production
You're not a cookie cutter person, so why would you work for a
cookie cutter business?
At Homesmith Construction, we believe in an energizing and creative
work environment, one in which each person's perspective and
experience is valued. Our close-knit atmosphere is centered on
employee trust and not micro-managing. We also offer a full suite
of benefit options and time off to ensure you're fully supported in
all facets of your life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES HIGHLIGHTS
- Primary point of contact for invoice processing, managing
invoice collections and aging, budget reconciliation, and variance
management in QuickBooks, or similar accounting program.
- Performs functions related to billing including but not limited
to estimate processing, invoicing, creating deposit slips, bill
processing, purchase orders, and follow up.
- Ensures financial records accuracy.
- Works with operations, designers, vendors, and construction
subcontractors to assist in purchasing and pricing.
- Manages, coordinates, and troubleshoots all aspects of project
material ordering. Ensures proper lead time for materials according
- Compiles data into reports on progress of work, costs, and
- Monitors project progression using BuilderTrend, Madera, and
PlanSwift, or similar programs.
- Assists with ongoing competitive market analysis and monitoring
-CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer service
- Working knowledge of accounting regulations, AR, AP, and
tracking business costs.
- Effective communication skills that will build and sustain good
working relationships with employees, clients, and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an
ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines in a
fast-paced environment, with excellent attention to
- Ability to work autonomously, with an understanding of when the
Operations Manager or other senior leaders need to be involved in
- Ability to take a bird's eye view of processes to uncover
roadblocks, propose solutions, and implement change as needed.
- High School degree or educational equivalent.
- Two years of budgeting, estimating, or project management
experience, or equivalent.
- Comfortable with technology and good working knowledge of
primary Microsoft -Office - applications (with an emphasis in
Microsoft Excel -), Google programs, as well as QuickBooks or
similar accounting software, estimating software, and other
technology typically used in the homebuilding industry.
- Valid state driver's license, with ability to obtain and
maintain automobile insurance coverage.
-GREAT TO HAVE
- Associates degree in business, finance, or other fields of
study that are beneficial to working in the construction
- Working knowledge of and experience with financial, estimating
and takeoff software, and/or inventory management software such as
-BuilderTrend, Madera, and PlanSwift.
- Prior experience as a member of or a leader of a project
- Two years construction industry experience.
If this sounds like a great fit and you satisfy the Must Have's
listed above, -we welcome your application. -To get started, submit
your resume on this site. We look forward to talking soon!
Keywords: confidential, Richmond , Construction Financial Coordinator, Professions , Midlothian, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!