Supervisor, International Logistics
Company: Ocean Network Express
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Cargo Management Center
International Logistics Supervisor
This position is responsible for the successful oversight and
execution of the goals and functions of the Cargo Management Team.
Supervisors will Assist Managers with the development of policies
and procedures to provide an optimal level of Account plan
execution, Customer satisfaction and company profitability.
Supervisors will be liaising with other internal stakeholders
(sales, marketing, strategic Yield management, EQC, operations
etc.) for problem resolution as well as supporting management with
projects and team guidance. The incumbent will report to a manager
or Sr. Manager.
- A day-to-day functional leader with ability to anticipate
challenges, risks and identify opportunities to support the team's
- Provide support to the team by handling day to day business
functions and reporting, implementation of business development
activities and overall guidance of the team.
- Accountability for ensuring the teams are actively engaged and
supporting accounts, successfully handling daily functions, special
projects and work volumes in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with
cross-functional department leaders for improving service levels,
profitability and driving efficiency.
Supervisor Task Fulfillment
- Manage all aspects of the Cargo management team including but
limited to: Incoming customer escalations, work volumes/resources,
troubleshoot and resolve complex challenges involving cargo
movement including but not limited to: customs, schedule
deviations, expedited movement requests, technical challenges and
account requests and inquiries.
- Direct Supervisory responsibility of a team of
- Align distribution of workload and staffing requirements with
management to meet required department goals and KPI's.
- General responsibility and accountability for all employees
reporting directly to this position, in conjunction with Manager,
Sr. Manager: Managing performance, fostering collaboration and
proactively planning for the direction and success of the
- Ensures the Specialists within their team are equipped with
ample knowledge and training to provide top level execution of
business strategies and Account support.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the organization, products,
- Requires advanced problem solving of supply chain issues.
- Metric and performance reporting
- Liaise with other teams for creation and maintenance of
customized reporting to identify areas of risk and support
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Professional and personal leadership demeanor.
- Ability to build rapport across varying personality types.
- Ability to create a productive work environment for the team
using gamification, trust and other strategies.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Strong Data handling and Analytical reasoning skills
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Critical thinking
- Sound decision-making
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Adapts to change and prioritizes for high-end results
- Responsive, dependable and follows through
- Team Player
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Leadership and training experience.
- Knowledge of rail, vessel and terminal operation, customs are
preferred but not required.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers
with accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Responds to account demands clearly, accurately, and timely in
a caring manner
- G Suite and Microsoft office experience
Required Minimum Years' Experience:
3+ function-related experience
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
Ocean Network Express provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
At Ocean Network Express, we strive toward high-level results for
all our employees and pride ourselves on identifying opportunities
for internal movement and advancement of proven talent. If you're
interested in a career in the global transportation industry and
are looking for growth and advancement opportunities, we encourage
you to apply. We enjoy meeting candidates that are persistent in
their own professional development.
About Ocean Network Express (ONE)
Ocean Network Express (ONE) was incepted on July 7, 2017, following
the liner service integrations of Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha ("K" LINE),
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) and Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK). The new
entity functions from its global headquarters in Singapore,
supported by regional headquarters in Hong Kong, Singapore, the
United Kingdom, the United States, and Brazil. ONE is the world's
sixth-largest container carrier with a fleet size of approximately
1.59 million TEU. Operating more than 220 vessels, it offers an
expeditious and reliable international network of over 130 services
to 120 countries and beyond. ONE is a member of THE Alliance
(THEA), a global ocean carrier consortium.
For more information, please visit www.one-line.com
Keywords: Ocean Network Express, Richmond , Supervisor, International Logistics, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!