Company: Lignetics Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description:Operates and drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or
electric-powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices,
such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook,
fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to
push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or
materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. Moves levers and
presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting
apparatus. Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting
device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes,
products, or materials, or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and
transports load to designated area.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating a forklift in the warehouse and
production areas of the plant.
- Prior to shift start, ensure propane tanks are filled and
forklift equipment is properly blown out and all fluids
- Grease fittings if needed.
- All raw materials are to be stacked in a neat and orderly
- The warehouse is to be swept daily and trash bins emptied when
- All trucks loaded are to have proper paperwork before being
loaded (packing slips and weight ticket). All trucks loaded are to
be counted and recounted by another associate and both persons sign
off that the proper amount of product has been verified and
- Packaging slips must be attached to all loads and packing slip
- Load seals must be attached to all trucks by the forklift
operator before the truck leaves the dock area. Plywood is to be
stacked during the teardown of pods.
- When the plywood rack is full, it is to be banded and stacked
for later use.
- Re Stacks and bags returned to system must be worked on daily
- Seat belts are to be worn at all times and the lift must be
operated at a safe speed.
- Junk pallets are to be stacked and put in their proper place
until they can be disposed of.
- Clean up warehouse at the end of shift.
- Responsible for assisting other production areas, as
- Move and wrap completed products.
- Assist the Shift Leads to start and stop the pellet mills.
- Any other duties as assigned.Qualifications/Education:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior forklift and production line experience preferred.
- Must possess good eye, hand and foot coordination.
- Must be able to pass the company forklift training.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for a minimum of 7
hours per day.
- Required to read and interpret scales.
- Requires mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills to
adjust the weight and timing of bailer and various other simple
- Requires the ability to do simple math
calculations.Benefits:--- Annual Bonus--- Employee referral bonus
program--- 2 weeks paid time off + 2 floating holidays--- Medical,
Dental, and Vision Insurance (FSA & HSA options)--- Life insurance,
short term & long-term disability--- 401(k) with employer match &
immediate vesting--- Employee heating pellet program--- Lignetics
SWAG gear to include an annual pair of work boots & other PPE Job
Type: Full/Part timeFlex Schedule: 5am - 5pm 2 on 2 off / 3 on 2
off**Candidate must be willing to train on evening shift Monday -
Friday until the first week of August 2022**Salary: $17 - $18 / hr
DOE ** Pre-employment background check and drug screen
required.About Lignetics, Inc.Lignetics, Inc. offers clean,
renewable solutions. We have 30 years of experience innovating
eco-friendly essentials for everyday life. Lignetics manufactures a
variety of consumer brands in several different categories
including wood pellets for home heating, BBQ pellets for grilling,
wood pellets and shavings for animal bedding, and a wood
fiber-based cat litter. Each of our products have unique features
and benefits but are all linked with a wonderful recycled,
renewable, sustainable, and carbon neutral story. We turn recycled
sawdust into value-add, branded consumer products.
Keywords: Lignetics Inc., Richmond , Forklift Operator, Professions , Kenbridge, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!