Container Shop Technician
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technician, Container Shop performs
repairs, maintenance and installation of compactors and other
stationary equipment. The Technician, Container Shop typically
performs works on hydraulics, basic electrical operations, and
welding fabrication in order to maximize safe and productive
- Performs inspections, conduct diagnostic tests, preventative
maintenance, and repairs on varied types of compactors, and other
- Reads electrical schematics. Diagnoses and repairs electrical
problems on equipment using both single and three phase AC voltage
including working with high-voltage electricity.
- Reads hydraulic schematics. Diagnose and repair hydraulic
issues on equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of proper installation of compactors, and
other types of stationary equipment. Perform or assist with
installations as scheduled and meets relevant deadlines.
- Performs welding and fabrication work as needed.
- Ensures and maintains efficiencies so that all scheduled jobs
can be handled in a given day.
- Completes paperwork and/or enters data associated with
repairing relevant equipment in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced hand tools.
- Equipment maintenance and repair experience.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Keywords: Republic Services, Richmond , Container Shop Technician, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!