Company: Civica Rx
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Civica is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization established in
2018 by health systems and philanthropies to reduce chronic generic
drug shortages and related high prices in the United States. Civica
is led by an experienced team of healthcare and pharmaceutical
Today, more than 55 health systems have joined Civica. They
represent over 1,500 hospitals and one-third of all U.S. hospital
beds. Civica has also begun to supply the U.S. Department of
Veteran's Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S.
Strategic National Stockpile of essential medicines.
Civica recently announced plans to expand its mission, via a unit
called CivicaScript, to into the outpatient pharmacy space and to
manufacture and distribute insulins that, once approved, will be
available to people with diabetes at significantly lower prices
than insulins currently on the market. The availability of Civica's
affordable insulins, beginning in 2024, will benefit people with
diabetes who have been forced to choose between life sustaining
medicines and living expenses, particularly those uninsured or
underinsured who often pay the most out of pocket for their
Civica's mission is to ensure that quality generic medications are
accessible and affordable to everyone. Since established, the #1
Policy for the Civica team has been "Do What Is in the Best
Interest of Patients." Civica's manufacturing facility in
Petersburg, Virginia, is the future home of affordable insulin and
essential sterile injectable medicines. The facility is currently
in late-stage construction and hiring for the site is
To find out more about how Civica's innovative model is directly
impacting patient care, click to read a summary from the New
England Journal of Medicine. ()
To learn more about Civica's plans to bring affordable insulin to
Americans living with diabetes, click to read an article in
The Metrology Technician should be highly motivated to
coordinate/execute metrology activities in our new manufacturing
facility in Petersburg, Virginia. This position will support and
improve all facility metrology efforts including internal and
outsourced calibration services. Additionally, this role will plan,
support & participate in plant shutdown activities for facilities
and utility equipment and participate in systematic problem
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Calibration / Metrology Technician II, you will perform job
functions under minimum supervision in the laboratory, production
area, clean room, and test environments.
- Perform calibrations and measurements traceable to NIST, the
International System of Units (SI) using appropriate reference
standards. Test and measurement equipment range from
general-purpose physical and dimensional equipment to custom built
sterilizer systems. Disciplines comprise: Mass, Temperature,
Humidity, Vacuum, Length, Optics, Pressure, Dimensional Metrology,
Force, and Flow.
- Create and modify calibration procedures by determining
metrology requirements from manufacturer's manuals, laboratory
methods, or system requirements.
- Enter calibration results into calibration tracking /
documentation computer system.
- Work with data acquisition and validation equipment, (e.g.
process control equipment/controllers, chart recorders, DC
Analog/Signal Conditioners, and transducers).
- Troubleshoot, inspect, and repair test and measurement
equipment in support of new projects.
- Work with equipment users, engineers, and other technicians in
the proper operation and selection of test and measurement
- Provide on-site calibration support for equipment that is
either too sensitive to move or is too large and not feasible to
- Work overtime when necessary to support high priority requests
or meet project goals.
- Perform and organize preventative maintenance tasks while
supporting maintenance and operational work orders and
- Maintain accurate records always keeping equipment and systems
- Ensure manufacturing and laboratory personnel are supported to
meet business needs, including lab gasses, preventive maintenance,
equipment service contracts and safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner
following all safety SOP's and wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Able to work safely in an environment containing hazardous
chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids
and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Able to check and respond to and troubleshoot Equipment
Monitoring System (EMS) & Building Management Systems issues and
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and may require
vocational or technical education or certification in addition to
prior work experience
- High School diploma
- Has some authority for personnel actions.
- Ability & experience with automated records systems such as
SAP, schematics, wiring diagrams & other engendered
- Proven expertise in planning/organizing, managing execution,
checking results & revising the work plan in accordance with the
daily work plan
Keywords: Civica Rx, Richmond , Metrology Technician, Professions , Petersburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!