Construction Field Superintendent
Company: Aptus Group USA, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Career Path
- Excellent Compensation (Salary, Bonus, Company Vehicle)
- Insurance (Health, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement We are growing quickly and offer a career path
with $75K - $95K salary, yearly bonuses, company truck, individual
hotel rooms, per diem for food, health and dental insurance
coverage, life insurance, 401K plan, high growth opportunities, and
Aptus is the nation's leader in the installation of bridge-attached
utilities and the installation of underground utilities. Our
experience incorporates decades of work on more than 4,500 bridges
in 45 states.
Job Description for Construction Field Superintendent:
Core Responsibilities of the Construction Field Superintendent
The Construction Field Superintendent coordinates all site
construction activities and supervises all field personnel as
required to successfully complete the project on schedule and
within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality of
workmanship and site safety, supervising all field personnel,
maintaining the job site office, and closing out projects. This
position requires extensive travel (approximately 70%-90%)
throughout the United States.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Assist Senior Project Manager in the supervision and
responsibility of the total construction effort in accordance with
design, budget, quality, and schedule.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the
project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that
conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Become familiar with Prime Contractors Subcontract document,
and understand process for reporting Change Orders and progress
- Prepare and/or review project Daily Reports to document weather
and field conditions, manpower and equipment, progress and
conditions impacting the project, as well as Accident Reports,
Quality Reports, etc.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves
- Assessment and procurement of materials and equipment.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary
throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans and specifications.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors,
suppliers and other employees.
- Coordinate site testing and other inspection services.
- Coordination of subcontractors as necessary.
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of a final punch
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and
rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Conduct and/or supervise daily safety meetings and "Toolbox
Talks" and ensures all company employees and contractors are
adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction
office, and/or laydown yard.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office
products and Apple iPhone.
- Place, remove or maintain piping underneath bridges.
- Lift items over 50 lbs., with or without the use of mechanical
- Perform duties in the outdoors exposed to weather and stand for
long periods of time.
- Work from varying heights and, at times, over water.
- Drive company vehicles to trasport materials and/or
- Working with and encouraging team productivity to meet or
exceed scheduling goals.
- Learning and following company and industry safety rules and
regulations to ensure onsite safety.
- Working with Superintendents, Foremen and co-workers to learn
new tasks (e.g. Operating the Hydraplatform, Using Hilti Epoxy,
- Safely use precision or semi-precision tools as needed.
- Extensive physical exertion, such as bending and twisting,
lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing or carrying equipment or
materials as needed.
- Ensure and inspect quality of work.
- Performing other duties as required. Core Competencies for the
Construction Field Superintendent
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Leadership: Exhibit strong leadership qualities and delegates
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication
skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in
a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well
- interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with
diverse personalities. Additional Responsibilities/Overall Employee
Rating of the Construction Field Superintendent
- Acquire a fluent understanding of Aptus' products and
- Maintain professionalism and accuracy in all corporate
communications, both spoken and written
- Actively solicit assistance from staff as needed
- Handle customer and staff issues with tact and respect
- Be consistently reliable, dependable and on-time
- Maintain a Class A CDL, OSHA, and other Certification as
determined by the Company
- Develop skilled labor and foreman under superintendent
supervision Physical Requirements of the Construction Field
- Daily lifting of items over 50 lbs., with or without the use of
- Ability to spend all day outdoors exposed to weather and stand
for long periods of time
- Full use of hands and fingers as there is use of precision or
- Daily basic physical exertion, such as bending and twisting,
lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, or carrying
Authority: The Construction Field Superintendent derives his or her
authority, and performs all duties with guidance, from the Project
Manager and Project Estimator. The Construction Field
Superintendent is responsible for supervising, managing and
coordinating the efforts of the Foremen and Field Labor force on a
Equal Employment Opportunity: Aptus Group USA is an equal
employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on
merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship
status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status,
veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor
protected by law. Aptus Group USA complies with the law regarding
reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled
Keywords: Aptus Group USA, LLC, Richmond , Construction Field Superintendent, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...