Company: Lumber Liquidators
Posted on: May 28, 2023
At LL Flooring, we've been helping customers make their flooring
visions a reality for more than 25 years. Our team is the key to
our success. Our customers trust us to help them find the perfect
floor for their home, and we pride ourselves on giving them the
specialized attention and expertise they deserve. We go above and
beyond to make sure our customers have all they need to transform
their home, from high quality, trend-right products to online
resources to help them find the right solution for their space, to
the accessories and tools to get the job done right. We offer our
customers a unique, guided experience to home improvement that they
won't find anywhere else.
This position is responsible for managing inventory planning and
replenishment activities for assigned product categories in order
to ensure the Company meets sales, merchandising and financial
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, compare and report on historical and projected demand
and fulfillment data to monitor, valuate, and adjust SKU level
forecasts for assigned product categories
- Recommend and execute purchasing plans that maximize customer
service levels and meet financial goals of budgeted inventory
- Share information around purchase orders, capacities,
forecasting, and network inventory flow and optimization with
Sourcing and Merchandising team members.
- Adjust purchase orders (POs) and re-order plans to consistently
support in-stock and inventory targets.
- Manage inventory obsolescence for assigned product categories.
Work collaboratively with Category
- Managers to promote and/or clearance where needed to maintain
- Review promotions and planning schedule for assigned product
categories. Identify items that have availability risk and
communicate with Sourcing and Category Managers as needed to
- Produce and distribute rolling order forecasts to Global
Sourcing in order to ensure adequate visibility regarding forward
looking sourcing needs.
- Revise availability dates for POs based upon updated
information provided by Global Sourcing team and/or suppliers.
- Partner closely with Category Managers and Global Sourcing
Managers on product lifecycle management, inventory flow
strategies, vendor requirements and capabilities and contingency
planning for specific product category/categories.
- Partner with Supply Chain to resolve any logistics related
issues. Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrates sound judgment by making effective decisions and
being able to support decisions with facts.
- Includes others in decision making process and makes decisions
in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing
to remain flexible to prioritize tasks to accommodate changing
business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, to
interact with all levels of management
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with
co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in
a professional team environment
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of retail store operations and/or supply chain
- Proactively assist others. Step in and help when and as
- Execute special projects and perform other duties as
- Ability to solve problems and apply creative and timely
- Attendance and reliability is extremely important in this
- Customer Focus - Establish and maintain effective customer
relationships. Seek to understand customer needs and deliver
solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Accountability - Follow through on commitments. Take personal
responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Collaboration - Cooperate with others to achieve shared
objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well
as one's own.
- Instill Trust - Show consistency in word and action. Treat
others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Change Management - Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work
environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing
business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling
- Detail Oriented - Attention to detail, ability to focus on the
project or task at hand, adherence to Company policies and
requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business
Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and all
other applicable laws, policies and procedures. Immediately reports
all concerns to the appropriate party. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (BA / BS) from accredited four-year college
or university, preferred. Related Experience, Qualifications and/or
- Two to three years related work experience, preferably in
corporate retail supply chain replenishment experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience in data analysis and project management
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Advanced skill in MS Excel, including pivot tables and the
ability to distill data from multiple sources into cogent
- Experience with SAP and/or JDA preferred. Just Picture It! A
career at LL Flooring! At LL Flooring, our vision is to become
customers' first choice in hard surface flooring by providing the
best experience from start to finish. Your contributions as a LL
Flooring teammate will leave a lasting impression with our customer
as they find FLOOR LOVE. With over 437 stores nationwide and two
distribution centers, the career opportunities at LL Flooring are
endless. If you're customer obsessed, seize the opportunity, and
At LL Flooring, we are committed to being a company that delivers
an inclusive, diverse team and culture which understands, values,
and adapts to the needs of our associates and customers. LL
Flooring is an equal opportunity employer. LL Flooring does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin,
citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status,
creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, or any other status protected by state or locallaw. If
you need assistance or to request a reasonable accommodation due to
a disability, related to the search for employment opportunities or
to complete an application, please contact us at
email@example.com LL Flooring adheres with the California
Consumer Privacy Act Notice for California Consumers (CCPA Notice).
To find out more click here, CCPA Supplemental Notice.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Associate
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Lumber Liquidators, Richmond , Demand Planner, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...