Commercial Pest Control Technician
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Creepy crawlies and contented customers. Intrigued? You might be
just who we're looking for.
Busting bugs has its benefits. Company-provided truck, gas, and
phone. Benefits include a 401(k) with a company match. Annual
earning potential of $75,000 or more within five years. But it's
more than that. It's serving with a smile. It's having your
teammates' backs. It's going above and beyond and making a
difference. We step in and step up when people have problems they
can't fix, and they need the pros. We crush their pest problems and
lift their spirits.
Back to you. Are you a hard worker? Can you follow direction, adapt
to change, and solve problems? Are you organized, friendly, and
motivated to succeed? That's a great place to start.
As a Pest Control Technician, here's what you can expect -
- You won't be tied to a desk. You'll be out and about - mobile,
independent, and growing your career with a clear view of next
steps. You'll be the face of Terminix to your local community (with
the backing of a national brand), and your clients will count on
you to protect their businesses, their homes, and their
- When you first join Terminix Nation, you'll spend a few months
in training. Once you've got that and some state-required licenses
and certificates under your belt, you'll take the lead with your
- You'll get rewarded with competitive pay and robust benefits to
cover you and your family. As a teammate, you will be eligible for
a 401(k) with company match, company-paid life insurance, tuition
reimbursement, and a generous student loan repayment program. You
put in the work, and you'll reap the rewards.
- You'll be part of a community - bonus points if you're already
a leader in yours. Our bonds are strong at Terminix Nation and the
relationships we develop in the communities we serve are
unparalleled. Our teammates give back through volunteering,
donations, scholarships, and more.
- You'll be onboarded and trained by the best of 'em. You'll get
paid to get licensed, something you'll have for a lifetime. You'll
know how to bust bugs at home, too.
What your days will look like
- Roll up your sleeves and get ready to learn how we take care of
customers. You'll become an expert in applying our company products
so they're safe and effective. - -
- Are you a good driver? As a technician, your office is the cab
of your Terminix truck. You'll use it on calls and take it home,
too. Same goes for your Terminix phone. We trust our technicians.
- You'll be responsible for building relationships with
customers, scheduling and confirming their appointments, helping
with sales to current customers, and expanding our product to new
- Does technology scare you? That's okay. We provide training and
support to ensure you're comfortable using state-of-the-art tools.
You'll also need to have strong communication skills so that you
can email, text, call, talk, and write effectively. Oh, and
sometimes there's paperwork.
- There's an opportunity to grow into a role you're passionate
about and fits your skillset - whether that's management, a move to
sales, or another opportunity at Terminix.
There are some things you'll just need to have or know to join
Terminix Nation as a Pest Control Technician.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. -
- Solid reading, writing, and verbal communication skills and the
ability to present information in both internal and external
- Some basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. You'll need to be able to follow instructions for mixing
on product labels.
- With the help of Terminix (and with the company footing the
bill), you'll need to maintain the licenses/certificates as
required by federal, state, and/or local regulations. And you'll
need a valid driver's license.Straight talk about the physical
demands of our work
We're not going to sugarcoat it. The essential functions of this
job have some physical demands (of course, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.) Here's what we mean:
- You've got to be able to move up to 10 lbs. regularly and 11-20
lbs. frequently, whether that's lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- You'll move around a lot - regularly sitting, climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. You'll go
up and down stairs, ladders, scaffolding, ramps, and poles. And
you'll need to keep your balance when walking, standing, or
crouching on narrow, slippery, or moving surfaces. (You'll
definitely get your steps in.)
- You must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and make
sure it and all other equipment is kept clean.
- The vision to perform detail-oriented activities at distances
close to the eyes or within arm's reach.
- Sometimes you'll need to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE), like an OSHA-compliant respirator, and you'll need to be
okay with regularly working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or
passageways (you know, where critters live).
Pests don't always live in nice places - and that's where we do our
work. But don't worry - we'll prepare you with all you need to do
the work as safely and as comfortably as possible.
- You'll need to be able to work both inside and outside in your
local climate in company-provided weather gear.
- You'll sometimes be working around mechanical parts, vehicles,
electrical current, heights and scaffolding, fumes, dust, and
chemicals, and we'll train you how to handle all of these
- This is kind of a no-brainer - you'll be around animals and
- And you'll have to be okay with working in tight, confined
spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways - like you might find in
crawl spaces. We work where the critters live.
To join Terminix Nation, you'll need to meet state and federal
regulations and company safety requirements.
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal
Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with
disabilities.California residents to review your privacy
Keywords: Terminix, Richmond , Commercial Pest Control Technician, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!