Production Technician - 23-05333
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Title: Production TechnicianLocation: Hopewell, VADuration:
3-months contract (w/option to extend)Pay Rate: $35/hourJob
Summary:This position has responsibility for operating a cryogenic
Air Separation Unit (ASU). The production technician is responsible
for maintaining plant production, operating efficiency, regulatory
compliance, and safety..Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Monitors and maintains the safe operation of an Air Separation
Facility which produces cryogenic products.
- Controls flow purities, pressures process using SCADA/HMI/PLC
- Work with management to maximize production and efficiency to
meet the needs of our customer base adjusting flows and production
- Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals.
- Perform quality assurance functions associated with products to
maintain quality assurance.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records in accordance with all
safety, quality, regulatory and production requirements, such as
plant readings, plant maintenance, instrument calibrations,
- Identifies potential problems from collected data
- Responds to plant/production disturbances (on-call).
- Determines if immediate maintenance action is required and acts
- Performs complex plant functions, including DERIME and warm
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance throughout the
entire plant to include compressors, pumps, turbines, valves,
motors, electrical equipment, and other plant equipment.
- Responsible to troubleshoot, repair and calibrate process and
system problems to restore efficient operations, including PLC,
DCS, and other computer interface stations; control valves,
pneumatic and electronic control equipment and instruments.
- Takes initiative to improve facility (i.e. operations,
reliability, and costs) without direction.
- Performs administrative functions, i.e. requisitioning,
purchasing, production accounting, and payroll record-keeping
(closure of PO's and receiving / time inputting)Safety and
- Requires 100% compliance with all Airgas safety policy and
procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to
- Maintain high degree of safety by employing safe work
- Promotes and develops safe work behaviors through the use of
existing policies and procedures and an emphasis on safety behavior
- Assists with safety incident investigations, including near
misses, using root cause analysis leading to recommended corrective
actions to eliminate recurrences.
- Ensures applicable regulatory (OSHA, EPA, Client) requirements
are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to
meet departmental and location requirements.Quality / Technical
- Performs maintenance of instrumentation, electrical systems,
compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant
- Complies with maintenance of environmental, safety, quality
assurance, and FDA compliance systems and programs including spare
parts, preventive, predictive and proactive
maintenance.Qualifications:Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), two
years technical college or military technical experience and 2 plus
years of operating an Air Separation Plant or related industrial
- Critical thinking - ability to work independently to
troubleshoot, diagnose & solve issues with process and plant
- Requires the use of considerable judgment to recognize plant
process problems and interpret malfunctions to make decisions
- Requires the ability to use common hand tools and test
equipment necessary for repairing and replacing mechanical,
electrical, and electronic equipment..
- Water Treatment - understand the water treatment principles and
equipment a plus.
- Refrigeration - A basic understanding of refrigeration systems
- Air Separation - A basic understanding of air separation and
associated technologies a plus.Other Requirements:
- Must be able to work overtime and off shifts when
- Must be able to share on-call responsibilities to facilitate
uninterrupted plant operation.
- Must have the ability to work alone, weekends, and
- Requires continuous mental and visual attention to operate
equipment, make repairs and adjustments.Travel Requirements:
- Occasionally (1-33% of work time)#CB
Keywords: Opptly, Richmond , Production Technician - 23-05333, Professions , Hopewell, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!