Lead Field Technician (Northern VA)
Location: Glen Allen
Posted on: September 19, 2023
United States of America
CAV20: ALC - Virginia 4948 Dominion Blvd, Glen Allen, VA, 23060
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and
sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class,
diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC,
refrigeration, and fire and security. We make modern life possible
by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that
make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing
industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and
we can make a difference together.
This position is for a Lead Field Technician in Aftermarket and
Service who is under moderate supervision. Performs moderately
complex on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair, and
calibration after installation. Responsible for analyzing test
readings, computer printouts, and trouble reports to determine
equipment repair needs. Assists in orienting, training, and
assigning work of technical/business support employees.
- Start up, commission, re-commission customer systems that
utilize DDC technology
- Provides solutions to mid-level systems problems either
troubleshooting the system or assists others on how to resolve
problems. Works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure
- Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains
accurate As-Built drawing package and marks changes.
- Completes paperwork on-time including time sheets, expense
reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project
- Responsible for total system operation from controllers to
sensors, loading software. Set up trends, alarms and reports and
works with customer IT personnel, etc. Calibrates systems requiring
basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network
terminals and/ or a laptop computer.
- Performs mid-level static (stand-alone) commissioning of
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total
- Responsible for set up of operator workstations with all
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily
basis or as advised.
- Assists with project turnover to the Service
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
work site. Tracks and records personal job progress and keeps
Project Manager informed on progress. Reviews customer's systems
and, if needed, points out areas of improvement and scope issues to
project manager. Keeps project management apprised of customer
concerns and issues.
- Maintain a daily log of pertinent job related
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee
and subcontractor safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years' experience in the HVAC controls industry.
- 1+ years' creating, downloading, and troubleshooting basic HVAC
system logic using WebCTRL and associated software.
- 1+ years' experience interacting with a large and diverse
number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of multiple
- 1+ years' reading and understanding Architectural, Mechanical,
and Electrical blueprints.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in
excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver's License and be
insurable by the company's insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel in excess of 50% of typical workweek,
including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel
as well as participate in rotating on call schedule.
- Basic experience with Microsoft software products to include:
Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when
- Good working knowledge with all WebCTRL software functions and
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks including wireless
technology, including layout and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work
well in a team environment.
- Has a good working knowledge of Automated Logic hardware and
- Possesses an understanding of the operation and control of
mechanical equipment and their control sequences.
- Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain
their laptop as well as experience in the commissioning of Ethernet
and ARC Net communications.
- Background in mechanical and HVAC system operation and
- Field experience and an understanding of the installation and
operation of Automated Logic Controls and ability to
understand/navigate third party control systems and
- Some experience with Automated Logic and Phoenix software to
include: WebCtrl, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, LogicBuilder, InterOp
3.02, Alert, Draw, EDB, Eikon, Supervision, and Accel
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
Keywords: Carrier, Richmond , Lead Field Technician (Northern VA), Professions , Glen Allen, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!