Overhead Distribution Lineman C
Company: MasTec Utility Services
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Overview:Company Summary MasTec Utility Services delivers
critical infrastructure construction and engineering services for
power delivery, gas, and water customers, specializing in overhead
and underground electric distribution for power delivery systems,
gas distribution construction for gas systems, and turnkey
solutions for a variety of water, sewer, and civil infrastructure
projects. Backed by the strength of eight decades of experience,
exceptional industry skills, and a deep commitment to our core
values, we continually strive to innovate, uplevel our abilities,
and provide extraordinary value to our clients. MasTec Utility
Services Company is a subsidiary of MasTec, a certified
Minority-Controlled Company by the National Minority Supplier
Development Council (NMSDC). Job Summary The Overhead Distribution
Lineman C assists the Journeyman Lineman and the Foreman while in
training and learning the trade. Responsible for performing work
related to the construction and maintain of poles, power lines,
auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the transmission and
distribution of electricity. This position supports and learns from
the Lineman team and works with other personnel from the
- Construct, maintain, and inspect transmission and distribution
of electrical or power lines.
- Provide technical skills needed for the operation and
maintenance of reliable electrical services for the consumer,
completing jobs with quality and timeliness.
- Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and
removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on
customers' facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks,
regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Route or reroute power lines over, under, or around existing
lines and structures.
- Inspect and/or remove power lines that are damaged.
- Assist in carrying poles, digging holes, and other operations
involved in setting or replacing poles.
- Perform line switching or sectionalizing, as directed.
- Investigate consumer complaints and make repairs to energized
electrical distribution lines, as needed.
- Provide backup for Class B Apprentice Lineman and assist in
completion of duties.
- Responsible for timely submission of all Apprentice Program
- May troubleshoot electrical problems on customer
- Drive bucket truck to jobsite and maintain truck stock.
- Perform other duties as required and/or
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- 1 year of lineman experience.
- Valid Class A CDL is required.Preferred
- 2 or more years of lineman experience.
- OSHA 10 Certification.Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely
requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing,
kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions,
standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather
conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow,
and wind. The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. This position is physically active,
with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up
to 50 pounds. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more or 20 inches or
less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
Precise hand-eye coordination. Ability to identify and distinguish
colors. Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties
as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the
description, duties, or work schedules to accommodate individuals
with disabilities. Benefits available include Medical, Dental,
Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee
Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publicly traded company MTZ
(NYSE). Equal Employment Opportunity: The Companys policy is not to
unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee based on
race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, marital status, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable law and EEOC regulations. The Company also prohibits
harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these
Keywords: MasTec Utility Services, Richmond , Overhead Distribution Lineman C, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!