Company: The RMR Group LLC
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Lead Engineer reports to the Area Chief Engineer and maintains
a working relationship and takes direction from all Property
Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties.
Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive
maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Lead Engineer
must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all
interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration
are critical to this position s success. The portfolio currently
consists of one Class-A building, 355,449 SF.
* Operate, maintain, and log all HVAC and MEP equipment under the
direction of the Area Chief/Chief Engineer.
* Complete tenant service requests, and develop and maintain
positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to
* Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment,
plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the Area
Chief/Chief Engineer. Duties include, but are not limited to
changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light
bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular
inspections of equipment.
* Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail
preventive work performed.
* Clean and paint equipment and surrounding areas relating to
equipment and equipment rooms.
* Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as
* Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer
* Review elevator maintenance records and confirm elevator
maintenance is performed per national agreement. Inspect condition
of elevator machine rooms. Report any elevator deficiencies to the
Area Chief/Chief Engineer.
* Assist with review of tenant improvement plans. Inspect active
construction areas and confirm contractors are following all
building rules and regulations.
* Coordinate fire alarm and sprinkler shutdown and drain downs with
contractors as needed.
* Coordinate all quarterly fire alarm testing and maintenance with
* Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
* Perform carpentry and snow removal, if necessary.
* Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by
the Area Chief/Chief Engineer.
* Perform minor repairs on doors, hardware, lock, windows,
ceilings, and floors.
* Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment
is maintained to guidelines/standards.
* Read and follow written and oral instructions.
* Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to
supervisors, contractors and others in order to resolve
* Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in all aspects of the
management of mechanical, electrical life/safety and plumbing
operations for commercial office buildings.
* HVAC technical training and EPA refrigeration license is
* Applicable military experience or other related operations
experience will be considered including power plants, multi-family,
hotels, hospitals, facilities, etc.
* Strong hands-on refrigeration/HVAC troubleshooting mandatory.
* Must have experience in Building Automation Systems, preventative
maintenance and work order systems.
* Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and
* Oversee and supervise service providers.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to
multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Must have strong customer service skills working with tenants and
* Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities,
and continually heavy workloads.
* May be required to work extended periods of time without relief,
when responding to priority/emergency situations (including
* Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of
50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely
install rigging/lifting device.
* Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30
* Climb ladders and stairs.
* Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while in
* Will be required to perform offsite duties through the use of a
* Must have a valid driver s license.
* If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job
(e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal
government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company and substantially all of
its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR
Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management
company that primarily provides management services to publicly
traded REITs and real estate related operating companies. As of
June 30, 2019, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $30.6 billion of
total assets under management, including more than 1,500
properties, and employed nearly 600 real estate professionals in
more than 30 offices throughout the United States; the companies
managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had over 50,000
employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton,
Massachusetts. To learn more about The RMR Group, please visit
The RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applications will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more
information on your EEO rights under the
Keywords: The RMR Group LLC, Richmond , Lead Engineer, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!